Chapter Twelve

My eyes slowly begin to open, and I notice that my head is still on top of Clint's chest and his arm is around. I shift some and his arm flops to the side; I get up and stretch but instantly retract them back holding my shoulder. "You okay?" Clint asks, putting his hand on my back. I lay back and nod, but don't say anything. "What's wrong?" He asks sitting up and lying on his side. 

"I don't know, just thinking." I say turning my head to face him. "I almost lost you, Clint. It would have been my fault."

"No, it would be my fault because I actually got the girl." He says pushing my hair back.

"Very funny, Clint. I almost lost you to Al; not to demons and I have the whole demon race coming for me and my brother and demons are merciless."

"You can't always protect the ones you love from demons; you forget I have to protect you twoo, so, we protect each other." He intertwines my hand with his. 

A knock then comes to the door causing me to jump and I hit my shoulder on Clint. He gently touches my shoulder and nods; I lay back and put my hand on top of my head. "Hey, come in." I hear Clint say and that is when I raise my head to see Kyle and Jay come in. Jay sees me and immediately comes to my side.

"How are you feeling?" He asks unwrapping my bandage, I peered over the bandage and his arm; there is a small hole in my arm and it is burnt all around. "Damn, you sure you don't need to get this checked out?"

"Yes. I don't want Mom and Dad finding out that I almost got Clint killed or even you if you were there." I say getting up, but my head is throbbing. I put my hand on my head, "Ow."

"It's not a concussion, is it?" Kyle asks frowning and concerned. 

Jay pulls my head to him and lowers it, he pushes my hair out the way, "No, I think it's just bruised." I lay back and put my head against the wall, my eyes begin to feel heavy and I slowly begin to close them, "Rose!" Jay calls out loudly and I jerk up. 

"What? What is it?" I ask shaking my head. 

"Mom and Dad are coming by for a visit next week." He says with soft eyes.

"Dammit." I grun out, getting up, quickly. I go to the long mirror on the wall and turn my head somewhat, I run my hair down to hide the bald spot Jay made.

I pull my bandage off my shoulder, "Rose? What the hell are you doing?" Jay asks coming beside me. 

"Healing fast." I say rushed and storm out of the room; I go to my room, which is only two doors down. I look through my bag and pulled out some alcohol and some more liquids for my wound. I take my shirt off and put a tank top on; as I do Clint, Kyle, and Jay walk in, I pour everything on my shoulder and let it burn. I swing my arm out as hard as I can and move it around in circles. 

Jay holds my arm, "Rose, stop." He warns concerned.

"No, Jay. I know how hard it is for you to deal with me and mom and dad, but they have hated me ever since Atlanta." I say frustrated. I then stop and look over at Clint and Kyle to see that they are looking at us confused. I go to my bed and sit down. 

"Atlanta," I sigh, nodding my head. "Jay, Isaac, and I were on a mission in Atlanta, it was a vampire hideout; full of innocent victims. Jay and Isaac had taken the innocents while I stayed and finished scouting out the area. I had to take care of some vampires, but I then notice a boy hiding; he had just been turned, I was going to take care of him and teach him how to be good. I couldn't just kill a little boy. As I was leaving I had to turn back since there was more vampires, so Jay took the boy; but as I came back I noticed that the boy had bitten Jay." Jay holds his arm out for us to see the bite on his forearm. "I was forced to kill the boy and sucked out the venom from his arm, we were both sick for a week and suffered from extreme fevers. My parents blame me for getting Jay bit and me sick. It just got worse since then." I look at Jay and he sits down shrugging my shoulders. 

"Rose, they're going to find out either way. Al was reported, and they are going to tell them about the demon attacks." I look down at the floor and put my head in my hands. "It's okay, Rose. I got your back."

I look at my arm, to see that the swelling has gone down and it is not as red anymore. "I still like my plan." I say getting up.

"You would rather keep hiding your injuries instead of getting help?" Jay asks also getting up. I turn around and he already knows the answer; I would. "Fine." He says putting his hands on his hips. "I'll cover for you." He then storms out. 

"Rose," Kyle says pointing his thumb as Jay walks out. 

"He's fine, he always does this when we fight like that. That's how you can tell that we're siblings."

"Hey, uh, babe. I have to go to class. I'll come back later." Clint says leaning down and kissing me, he touches my face and my waist; I put my arm around his neck. "Bye." He whispers and then walks out. 

I look over to see Kyle, he is sitting on his bed with his head down and he looks sad. "Hey, are you okay? Is it Donna or something." I ask going to him. He doesn't answer, and I put my hand on his shoulder, gently; suddenly he grabs my hand, causing me to gasp and jump at the same time. He brings me close to him and puts me on the bed with him on top; he then forces his mouth onto mine, I become entranced for a minute as his tongue slides in my mouth and his hand is under my shirt. I then realize what is happening and I get off the bed and back away from him.

"Rose, I am so sorry. I shouldn't have." Kyle says putting his hands-on top of his head. 

"Kyle, what the hell?" I managed to ask. 

"I am so sorry...I wanted to know what it was like to be with you...for one split second to have you mine." He walks to me but I stand up.

"That is exactly what Isaac wanted that night." I remind him angrily, letting him know that thoughts like that can lead to something dangerous. I am over Isaac because I barely remember it but thoughts like that ruined one relationship. "I am dating your best friend!"

"Rose, look." Kyle then says worried. 

I look down to see that my shoulder is bleeding, "Just don't talk to me right now." I say, and I stormed out of the room bumping into him my bloody shoulder. As I slam the door tears begin to roll down, but I quickly wipe them away.