Chapter Fourteen

Clint and Kyle were angry, and we go to my room. "Rose, I told you we protect each other." Clint says sitting on the bed, rubbing his temple.

"Then why do you think you're going to die, huh? What, you don't think I can protect you?" I respond back furiously.

"That's not what I'm saying, Rose. We can't save everybody." He gets up off the bed and I can see the pain in his eyes. "Please, understand."

"I do understand. You think you're going to die. I need to know why the demons are after me and Jay and since we are the main target they will kill you, Kyle, Lonnie, and James. You heard that girl, I am going to get everybody killed." I cry out.

"No, you're not! Just rething this, I don't want you to leave." He says grabbing my hands. "I need you." He puts his forehead against mine.

"I don't want to leave you, but I need you and the others to be safe." I whisper and walk backwards from him. "We work better alone." 

"Rose, you can't leave me now; leave us now."

"Clint, what do you think is going to happen if I stay here? They are going to keep coming for me."

"Stay, please. Rose, don't go." He whispers taking my hands.

"Hey, Rose. We're not going to be able to get far if we go on our own since our parents will be looking for us." Jay says, siding with Clint and Kyle. 

"They'll be looking for you." I remark; rolling my eyes. "So, you're suggesting that we stay?"

"Yes and no. Listen, since you and I aren't training anymore then we can go out looking for answers but come back here to keep up our appearance. You can also see Clint." Jay says thoughtfully. He is always my 'Jiminy Cricket.' I still prefer to leave but what option do I have now they would all just follow. 

I sigh and think about it for a moment, "Fine, when you want to go?"

"Tomorrow night. Next week we are going to have to take a break since our parents are coming. I also want to know why in the hell your shoulder is bleeding?" I look donw at my shoulder and then back at Kyle but quickly glance away from as he does the same. 

"It's fine." I say walking into the bathroom and slamming the door shut. I put my head on the door and close my eyes. I then walk tot he first aid kit and grab everything I need to touch up my wound. As I stare in the mirror I start to lose my adrenaline and I start to go limp but as I do Clint walks in and, thankfully, grabs me. 

"Hey." He says awkwardly, helping me sit on the counter.

"Hey." I respond back, in a groggy tone. He then starts to clean my wound and I just study him as his dark brown hair falls slightly and his brown eyes is focused on my wound. "Clint, I heard you and Kyle talking earlier; did he tell you that he liked me first?" I then ask, confused.

"Yes, but it was may the best man win."

"I'm not some prize or pet." I frown and narrow my eyes.

"I know, listen, I didn't know he would still be obsessed."

"Nobody can help their feelings. You mean to tell me that if I was with Kyle right now, then you wouldn't be jealous, mad, or even try to force a kiss?"

"Okay, I get where you're going. I'm not mad at him if that's what you're thinking."

"Good. Besides he is going to have to suffer and tell Donna."

"He is not going to do that. Donna is a distraction girl, he dated her to distract himself from you." I look down; suddenly feeling drained. Clint places my face in his hands and I lean into him. "I can tell you're tired. Come on, you need your sleep, especially if you and Jay are heading out tomorrow." I nod and smile at him. =

We then leave the bathroom and I can feel something tense and I look at Jay and he almost looks like me and I shake my head slightly, to reassure him to try to not worry about the feeling. Jay then leaves to his room; I lay down in my bed with Clint sitting at the end of the bed. My arm is outstretched along my side and my hand is intertwined with Clint's. I slowly begin to close my eyes with a slight pain in my shoulder.