Chapter Two

After attending the orientation, which was very boring, Kyle invited us to hang out with them tonight. We ended up at a club that is on campus, Kyle and I are the only ones who decided to not drink any alcohol. We sit at a booth; where I sat in the middle with Jay on one side of me and Clint on the other. "Hey Rose, do you mind if we ask something personal?" James asks leaning in.

"Is it about Isaac?" I ask trying to sound confident and he nods his head. "I don't want to talk about it, I probably won't even see him."

"Well, then loosen up." Jay said nudging me. "Drink with us."

"Fine, I'll go get the drinks." I said smiling at him while Clint and James let me out. I go up to the bar after passing by several people. The bartender begins putting our shots on a big tray until someone touches my shoulder, I turned around to see a familiar face. His black hair and dark eyes pierced through me, his sly smile makes me feel disgusted. "Isaac."

"I didn't know you were coming here. Your parents transferred you here?"

"Yeah, as much as I would love to pretend to enjoy your presence I'm going to go." I grab the trays and start to head back but Isaac grabs my arm. "Let go, I am not in the mood, Isaac." I yanked my arm back and head back to the table. I set the drinks down on the table forcing a smile and I sit back down between Jay and Clint.

I take three glasses off the tray and drink them quickly, "Woah, sis. Take it easy, you haven't drunk like this in a while." Jay warns, and I know what he is talking about, which makes the other suspicious. 

"No, I can control myself, remember. I need it, especially after who I saw.

"Isaac." I nod, then take another shot.

"Well, I'm the designated person. So, you can all have at it." Kyle says scoffing.

We all drink and drink until the tray is empty. I remember everything that happened the whole night but Jay was right I hadn't drunk in a long time, I started to feel a little tipsy. I decided to leave early since I wasn't feel too well. 

I wake up in my bed, I look over to see Kyle peacefully asleep. I look at the clock on the wall to see that it is six thirty. I sit up and go into the kitchen, I picked up a plastic cup and fill it with water. I take a sip as Kyle begins to wake up, "How did you sleep?"

"Great, it feels weird to wake up at six thirty, though. I normally wake up at five for training and hunting."

"Wow." He said also getting a cup of water. "Do you not have a migraine?"

"Not really, it's a trick.." I said smiling, taking another sip from my drink. "Um, I never got my schedule."

"The classes haven't started yet, so we have a day or so to rest."

"Well, you might, but I have to go out in the field." I said setting the cup down. "My brother get back to his dorm?"

"No, today is a freed day for everybody. It's to help get everybody situated with their new lifestyle and dorms and roommates. Yes, he did, and besides I don't think he would have been his best for the field today."

"Great." I remark sarcastically, and then Kyle laughs, he has the prettiest smile, but I come back to reality. "Do you know what time I would have to go?" 

"I think seven in the morning or afternoon, there are two shifts. So, I was thinking since we are going to be roommates and I'm guessing I might see your brother around here often, we should try to get to know each other?" He asked in an uneasy voice, I look up at him and think about it for a minute.

"Um, sure. Just that you should probably also want to keep your distance." 

"Why is that?"

"Because we are going out into the field, anything can happen." I said leaning against the counter.

"But you're the Moore kids, I don't know anything about the Moore's, but I heard that you guys are bad asses." 

I scoff, "People think we are, but anything can happen. You really haven't heard of the Moore's?" He nods, "Well Samantha and Charles Moore helped lead a bunch of soldiers to the first battle with the demons and that is how the schools and the training started." 

"Really, how did I not know that? Well, I only pay attention to my training." He said putting his hand on the back of his head. "I didn't know that you knew Isaac."

"Wait, you know him too?" 

"Yeah, we have a lot of classes together, including training. He talks to me some but at points he is annoying, how do you know him?"

I take a deep breath in, "He's my ex-boyfriend. He went to school and cheated on me and stopped coming by to see me." I lie somewhat.

"Oh, wow. What did he say when you saw him?" He asked crossing his arms.

"Nothing really, he was just surprised to see me. I never want to talk to him, he thinks that there is nothing wrong between me and him."

"Well, me and my friends got you covered. You and your brother are actually cool to hang out with." Kyle says smiling.

The door knocks again, and Kyle goes to the door where someone shoves a huge bed into our room, knocking Kyle back against me. I put my hands on his back to stabilize him as the teacher who first greeted us sets a bed down between mine and Kyle's. "What is this?" Kyle asks standing back up straighter.

"We have to put an extra member in each room there was a problem with the top floor's room. Until we get the room fixed you will have a new roommate."

"Who is it?" I ask folding my arms.

The teacher goes out and then comes back in, "It's Isaac James." My heart stops and that's when he comes in grinning and when he sees me his smile widens.