Chapter Sixteen

After getting back and going back into my room I explained to Jay that our parents won't be here until next month and the sentimental conversation. "Well, it is progress." 

"I guess, we will just see." I shrug.

"Okay, well I am exhausted. We will discuss everything tomorrow." I nod and he leaves. Lonnie and James eventually leave and it is just me, Kyle, and Clint in the room. 

I slam myself on the bed on my back. "Tough day?" Kyle asks.

"I am so exhausted." I sigh. I then hold onto my side, the knife wound, Loo punched me right in the spot.

"Is everything okay?" Clint asks.

"Yeah, just a little sore." I respond, putting my arm over my head.

A knock then comes at the door and I peak past my arm as Kyle goes to answer it. Donna. Of course. She immediately kisses Kyle and is pushing him back until she reaches the bed. "Uh, Donna." Kyle grunts, pushing her back and he eyes us. 

"Oh, sorry. I just needed to see you Kyle. Isaac canceled on me." I just roll my eyes.

Kyle pushes her back and moves her to his side, "What?" I then start to sense the hostility in the air.

"Rose, let's go to my room, okay?" Clint then says. I nod and we get up and head to his room. "You really need to sleep." He sighs, almost angry.

"Are you okay?" I ask, worried.

"Yeah, it's just Kyle puts up with her and it only hurts him in the end and he knows that you are stressed and exhausted but yet he is about to have a full out argument in the room." 

"It's okay, Clint." I reassure, grabbing his hand. We reach his room and I lay in his bed. 

When Clint sits down I lay between his lap and my head on his chest, "Rose, what is something you want in the future?"

I freeze and blank out, I have never thought about it before. "I would say that I would want everything to cease, be calmer." I then say. "Everyone to survive. No more deaths. No more pain." I then say sincere. "What about you?"

Clint holds my hand, "To go somewhere nicer, somewhere near the water." I smile at the sound of that. "I want to make Lonnie and James be there too because they love the idea too. I want to make Kyle finally happy in life. Where he is not stuck with things like Donna. Free you and Jay from the soldier life." 

"Very funny." I then say. 

"It's true. I would love to travel to different places with you. Have a home with you near the water."

"I have never swimmed before."

"Oh I am going to teach you." He scoffs. "That is now my life goal; show and teach you the fun things." 

"So all you want is to live by the water? Nothing else for yourself?"

"Well, I want to find my sister." I raise my head to look at him. 

"She is a few years older than me and ran away because she fell in love with a demon and wanted to be with him." 

"I'm sorry to hear."

"It's okay. She visited me and my parents once in a while, they are not fully happy but they are coming around to it. She hasn't been seen in a few years and we are worried."

"I'm sure you will find her. I will help you." I then say and he leans down and kisses me. 

"Thank you. Rose, we basically have only been on one date. How about this, since you need to lay low for a while, we should go out every week." 

"Don't we go out everyday?" I asked sarcastically. 

"No," He laughs. "I mean we are obviously going to be with eachother everyday, but we should go out and do something fancier than usual." He tries to explain and I understand. 

"Okay, sounds perfect." I say, yawning. 

"You should get some rest, Rose." As he turns, I also turn and my back is against his body.