Chapter Four

We follow the soldier into a large office, there is a man sitting behind a desk. He has dark hair with gray streaks mixed within it, and he is wearing a nice suit. His name is Marty Wells and he is the principal of the school, I explain the attack to him. "But, Jay, you think that the demons were after your sister?"

"Yeah, the demon had her but as soon as we showed up he left." I eye Jay and then I look down.

"We don't know that for sure, so for now, we need to double the guards and keep watch." I suggest getting up from the chair and Marty gets up as well.

"I agree but we will be limiting your hours, we need you to have your strength for when they attack again." He holds his hand out and I shake it, "Thank you for your acquaintance."

I nod at him and walk out with the rest behind me, "Rose, wait. We need to figure this out." I hear Jay call out, but I keep walking until he grabs my arm.

"Jay, they weren't after me and I don't feel like talking about it." I say quietly; his face softens and I back away from him, while the others look at us confused. I continue to walk off and begin walking faster as people begin looking at me and whispering to each other. This is what it is like to have famous parents.

I go outside and go back to the cliff, sitting down, dangling my legs. I look at the spot where the demons had appeared, and I keep staring until something touches my shoulder, I jump and grab the person's hand, rolling back, on top of them. "Kyle? What the hell?" I asked angrily.

"Sorry, I was coming to check on you." He said slowly pushing me back. I get up and take his hands, pulling him up.

"I'm fine. You didn't have to." I say releasing his hand and sit back down on the ground. 

"I wanted to. Well, we wanted to." I turn around and the guys come around a tree, including my brother.

"Again, you didn't have to."

"I told you she wouldn't like it." Jay says leaning.

"Yeah," Clint scoffs and then straightens his face as he looks at me. "Listen, we're sorry but we wanted to make sure that you're okay."

"Thanks, but I'm fine. Really." I say leaning against a tree. "I'm going back to the dorm." Everybody nods, and we walk off, but I turn around taking another glance at the view. We make our way across the campus to the dorms.

Kyle opens the door, my heart drops, Isaac is laying on the bed with no shirt on. He gets up quickly and I already know what is about to happen, I hold my arm out blocking Jay from going any farther. "Jay, wow, it's good to see you." 

"Asshole." Jay remarks, backing up. 

The bathroom door then opens, with steam coming out, "Isaac, the shower is ready." Donna says in a seductive voice until she realizes we're here. She quickly grabs a towel and covers herself. "What the hell are you doing in here?"

"It's our room." I say walking away and sitting on my bed. I leaned over and grab my bag off the floor and pull out a notebook and pencil and begin to draw. I normally draw after a battle, I forgot to draw the demon from the gas station, but it had just occured to me and I need a distraction.

"Isaac, I'm leaving. Find me, whenever you find time to be alone." Donna says walking out with a towel still wrapped around her and her clothes in her hand. I roll my eyes and go back to my drawing.

Clint sits on the bed beside me, leaning over to look at my drawing. I look up at him and his face is close to mine, but I quickly look down. "It's drawings of demons I have encountered." I say, handing him the book and he looks through them.

"They're good." He compliments still flipping through the pages and I start to feel a little embarrassed. 

"Thanks." I clear my throat. The rest of the guys sit on my bed, taking a glance at my book.

"She focuses too much on her drawings." Isaac says sitting beside me. I scoot over but I accidentally bump into Clint; he puts his arm behind me and has his hand between me and Isaac.

"Shut up, Isaac." I say strongly, balling my hands into a fist. "Why don't you go hang out with Donna?"

"Jealous?" He asks leaning, raising his eyebrows.

"Never." 

"Are you going to the dance?" He then asks desperately.

I frown and look at Jay then the others. "It's a welcome back dance. We have two dances each year; one for the beginning of the school year and one at the end of the school year." Kyle explains.

"If I do go, it won't be with you."

"You'll change your mind, trust me." Isaac says which sends a chill down my spine.

"Don't you have somewhere else to be?" I then ask, sitting up straighter.

"Fine, my love. I'll leave you to it."

"I'm not your love." I say as he walks out the door. "Asshole."

"What really happened between you two?" Clint asks curiously. I look at Jay and take a deep breath in.

"My parents love Isaac, he asked my parents if he could get into a real school. I was obviously devastated since he would be farther away from me but there was nothing I could do. Isaac and I went out that night and had a fun night, but he drugged me; I didn't know what was happeningand Isaac wanted his last night with me to be memorable. He was gone when I woke up and I never saw him again until yesterday. Ever since then I have tested myself to withstand drugs and alcohol."

There is a long silence and I can see that everybody looks angry. "You have to tell someone about this. He could possibly be removed from your room." James suggests.

"No, I don't want my parents to know. They will think it was my fault." I say taking my book and laying it on the floor. I then realized that I am still close to Clint, so I move over. I have never told anybody that story before, except for Jay and that was hard enough for me, since he had to bring me clothes. "So, when is the dance?"

"It's this Friday, are you coming?" Lonnie asks.

I think about it for a moment, "Yeah, sure. I'll find something to wear."

"No,  we are going to find you the best dress to wear." James says optimistically.

"It's fine. I'm pretty sure guys don't want to go dress shopping." I scoff.

"Actually, guys love to go with girls to dress shop." Lonnie says smiling and I realize what is implying; I just cock my eyebrow and playfully push him. 

"We'll take you after your classes tomorrow. We can probably find a tux for Jay." James implies.

"Actually, I have a tux. It's from my father." Jay says guilty. "We will meet up with you tomorrow through to help Rose. I'm going to go, Mom and Dad told me to check in with them if anything happens."

"Or if I screw up." I add in and Jay gives me a reassuring smile. "Tell them I said 'hi'." Jay then walks out the room, leaving nothing but silence in the room. I look down at my clothes to see that I have blood splatter over me, I get up and grab some clothes into my bag, "I'll be right back, I need a shower." I say going to the bathroom after grabbing some clothes. I take my clothes off and look in the mirror, I have dirt smeared over my face.