Chapter Fifteen

Every night Jay and I have left the school and searched for any demon out. Unfortunately, they have been very quiet lately and it is a little suspicious. We have scouted out thirty miles within the school and tonight is the night we go out further. I haven't seen much from the guys since they are at school during the day while I sleep and I am gone at night; I do see Clint at least for a second before leaving. I actually think that this is going to work but I am still worried about not getting the answers that we need. 

I am in the bathroom and get ready by putting my black long sleeve shirt on and jeans on with my boots. I put my brown hair in a high ponytail and put my gun on my side and the dagger in my boot. Once I come out I see the guys waiting for me and I am frozen for a moment. "Hey guys." I say greeting them.

"Rose, hey, we know you and Jay have been stressed out lately so we came to help you relax." Lonnie says stepping forward.

I give a slight smile, "Thanks guys, but we are about to head out." 

"Rose, we should really take a break for the night. You know mom and dad are supposed to come tomorrow." Jay then speaks up and I can now see the stress in his eyes and it pains me. 

"I think we should go out at least tonight and if we don't find anything then we will talk with Mom and Dad and get them to give us the support we need to find answers." Jay nods because that is what he has been 

"Can we come out with you?" James asks and I narrow my eyes at him. "Please, you haven't found anything for days so you most likely won't find anything tonight, no offense." 

"You are not even on the list." Jay remarks.

"Job shadow?" James then applies in the form of a question.

I roll my eyes as James is always the one that has something to say. Then I notice that they are already dressed in their gear but they all carry a knife; they are resilient. I look over at Jay and he just shrugs and I sigh. "Fine, you can come "job shadow"." I say using air quotes. 

We then all leave the room and head outside, where Jay and I hotwire a car. "So, nobody notices that you guys leave nor that you take a car?" Lonnie asks, getting in the back as I lean against the driver's door and Jay starts the car. 

"Nope." Jay responds, smiling. "We are ready to go." 

I start to walk to the other side around the back but once I reach the back, I am grabbed and brought to someone and they apply their lips to mine. I push back and see Clint. I give him a slight punch in the arm, "Hey, can't blame me I haven't seen you for a while." He whispers and I smirk. I then kiss him back and I can sense that we have been yearning for this moment. 

"Okay, well we have to get going. Bright side, I get to be with you all day tomorrow."

"Except for when you are with your parents." I roll my eyes and he gives a small deep laugh that is cute. "Fine, let's go." I then continue walking and sit in the passenger seat as Clint sits behind me with Lonnie and James beside him. Kyle is sitting in the back and I notice that he must have seen and heard that and I just lower myself in the seat, feeling even more stress.

We ride out for an hour and still nothing and continue to ride around checking the back roads. I keep an looking out the window and I just keep thinking that there is something just right around the corner and I look at Jay and he eyes me and I know that he can sense it too. I nod my head and so does he as he pulls the car over. 

"What is it?" Kyle asks from the back. 

"Not sure. Jay, I'll scout ahead stay here."

"What? By yourself?" Clint asks, leaning forward.