Chapter Eight

The boys walk Jay and I across the school's yard to a tall building with bright lights flashing outside and inside; almost like a club. There is a line outside that is moving quickly into the building. We get closer to the front and something forces me to look back, but all I see is nothing but darkness and trees; there is something about the darkness that is overwhelming. I then jump as a hand wraps around my waist, "Are you okay?" Clint asks full of concern.

"Um, yeah." I say taking one last glance behind me. We reach the entrance of the party and a cameraman pushes me and Clint to the side; taking a picture. The man then hands us both a picture of us, Clint takes mine and puts it in his wallet. "Thanks." I say quietly. As we enter the party, the music begins to get louder, to the point where I can barely hear anything. 

"HEY, COME THIS WAY!" Lonnie yells and we all begin to follow him to a secluded room that is almost the size of the dance floor but there is no one in here and the music isn't as loud.

"This is way better." James says walking around. "This is our indoor spot. We hate the crowded are out there, so we reserved this room for ourselves."

"So did we." A sarcastic voice says behind us; we all turn around at the same time to see Donna and Isaac together with their arms wrapped together. Her dress is wide around and is pink, and Isaac is in a tan tux.

"Let's just go." James says sighing, but I grab his arm.

"No, I don't want to ruin tonight. If they reserved this room then they reserved it. Let's just party." I say smiling and walking away from them.

I go to the table, where there are assorted amounts of beverages. I eye each beverage and fill my cup with alcohol and chug it down; I fill my cup up again and turn around. "Rose, easy." Jay warns beside me.

"I'm taking a drink, Jay. Besides, I know what to do." I drink what is in my cup and turn around. Donna goes to a knob on the wall and truns the music up. An upbeat song begins to play. I look over as Jay and he is smirking and I know what he is thinking; he does it just to annoy me and to get my mind off things but only when there is music. I freeze waiting for him to move so I could dodge but he is too quick. He instantly picks me up and swung me around. I give a slight scream out and then begin to laugh, "Jay! Put me down!" He puts me down and I stumble back some but luckily Clint catches me. "You jerk."

"Hey, I was trying to lighten the mood." He says putting his hand on his knees.

Clint's arms are wrapped around me and I put my hands-on top of them; leaning over, trying to regain myself. "You good?" He asks quietly, raising me up.

"Yeah." I say laughing but still holding onto him since I am still dizzy. 

"Want to dance then?" He asks as a slow song comes on. I nod, and he slowly turns me around to meet him. He puts his hand on my waist, bringing me close to him, then drags my hand up to his shoulder, and rests his hand on the other side of my waist. We sway back and forth, letting the music carry us. Half way through the song, I look over to see Kyle eyeing us, back and forth, he catches my eye; giving a half smile but almost looking disappointed. Am I dancing wrong? Something doesn't feel right, it must be the dance, right? I release my arm from his shoulder and back away, the feeling is still there. "What's wrong? Did I do something?"

"No, just tired of dancing. I guess." I say back away and go to Jay, who is talking to Lonnie and James. "Jay, I need to talk to you, now." He sees the worry in my face and follows me to the other side of them room. 

"You feel it too?" He asks. I know what he is talking about, we have always been able to feel danger, or strong danger.

"Yeah, I need to leave and check outside." I whisper as others begin to look at us.

"No, it is dark out. Listen, just enjoy tonight." He whispers back shrugging my shoulders.

I nod and walk away from him to the drink bar; I look at a drink for the longest as the feeling gets stronger. I turned around slowly and begin to head to the door; urgently. As I reached the door, I begin to hear loud screams. I stop and then continued to the door, but as I began to open the door, I was slung back, hitting the other side of the wall. My head hits the floor, and I slowly regain myself by raising my head. I see two demons enter the room, one male in black robes and a hood over his head; then a female with the same robe. I quickly grab my knife from my boot and rush to them. 

I approach them, but I am then restricted to go any further. I look up to see the man have his hand up. "Fierce." The man says approaching me.

"No!" I hear the others yell.

"Stop! Don't move!" I call out. I eyed the man trying to see his face; he withdraws his hood. He has a sinister grin on his face, black eyes, blonde hair, tight jawline, and appears to be around my age. 

"You're a smart girl." His voice is rasp, which sends a chill down my back.

"What do you want?" I ask in a rough voice, trying to move out of the restraint.

"It's not what I want, it's a matter of who I want."

"Fine, who do you want?" 

"You and your brother. It seems that you two are remarkably," He comes closer to me, sniffing my hair. "important to me; especially you."

"What do you want?" I ask again moving head further away from him. The pure disgust I am feeling right now with him near is unbearable.

"Let's just say that I need you." His mouth is against my neck and I try to pull my arm out the force that is restricting me, but I know that it is useless. My hand then moves, slightly; he moves in front of me and applies his lips to mine; forcing my mouth open. I begin to think of the night with Isaac and become outraged; I move my hand again and slowly I begin to get my strength back and push him back from me. I pull my knife out and put it through his heart. 

"Stupid girl!" The girl says holding her hand out and slings me up against the roof. My back slammed against the ceiling and then she slings me back; I hit the ground hard and feel a slight pain in my side. I've been stabbed by own knife.

"Dammit Scorch! You weren't supposed to injure her." The man says and then they both disappear out of a dark charcoal smoke.

I take the knife out of my side and put it back in my boot. I grunted in pain and slowly crawl over to my side, "Son of a bitch." I say under my breath.

"Rose!' Jay calls out as his face appears above me. "Let me see." He slowly pushes my hand away and I lean my head up to see there is a cut, which is deep.

I put my head back down and that's when my head lies on something soft; Kyle's lap, "Is she going to be okay?"

"Yes, I'll be fine." I say getting up grabbing onto Jay's shoulder, who sighs as he pulls me up.

"Rose, no, you need help."

"I'm fine, Jay. Take me back to my room, please." I snap keeping my hand on his shoulder, but he stares at me. I then let go of his shoulder and walk off. 

"Dammit Rose. Come here." He demands helping. As we leave, I see that the dance room is empty. Worst night ever.