First Day Back 2

The bell sounds, as students rush into class, filling the empty seats.

"Take your seats, class." Mr. Herzberg said while writing an equation on the smart board. "Today we are going to refresh our minds from the summer sun dumb days." He plainly stated, while the class chuckled. Mr. Herzberg is a middle aged man, with a clean shaved face, light brown hair and he always wears a sweater vest.

The light above me starts to twitch, distracting me from the rest of his welcome back speech. You'd think with all these students they would be able to afford light bulbs.

My first few classes for the day, were boring as expected, math and English followed by Spanish. No me gusta  la escuela. I don't ever recommend taking an English class, and then walking into Spanish class, two minutes later. What a headache. Not only that but my English teacher decided it was a good idea, to assign us a written four page paper. Her name is Mrs. Means, but everyone calls her Miss Mean. You never walk out of her class without homework. Her assignment is for us to explain how our summer went, and how we changed as an individual. Well I can tell you i died and now I'm alive. I appreciate the life I had before and after death. I also appreciate my family and friends. That's what three sentences? And it's due in a week, before 3:15 hits on Monday. Great.

I did notice however that Eros was in my English class. I didn't imagine him thank god. Because he was definitely the new high school hunk. A bad boy sure, but a hunk nonetheless. It's a shame I didn't know him this summer. I could have written four pages, describing, about his body in definition. Licking my lips, as I silently undress him in my mind. What a great distraction, for a girl who needs a little grounding.

But Eros left me to fend for myself in Spanish. Taught by none other than Señora Stewart. The only Spanish teacher who can't roll her R's and acts like she's on speed twenty four hours a day. Giving her the nickname Miss Speedy. She stand about five foot tall, short bowl cut blond hair and she loves to sing songs, but she has a terrible voice. Luckily Dena's in this class with me! So we sit next to each other, towards the back corner of the room. Making it perfect for us because eight when the bell rings releasing us from misery, it's lunch. My favorite subject of the day!

"Dena! Rose!" My head snaps behind me. Killian's soft jog towards us begins. When he reaches us his arms extend throwing himself over our shoulders.

"How's my favorite ladies doing so far!?" His cheesy face nuzzles into Dena's neck. As she giggles flirtatiously back, palming his forehead to push him away. I shrugged his arm off my shoulder.

"Ewwww, will you two get a room already." I sassed.

The three of us entered the lunch hall filled with students. Each round table is labeled by the individuals who sit at them. I'm not exactly a high school athlete, so I sit with the nerds. Fine by me, I can actually have an intellectual lunch conversation. But i noticed the light above my chair twitch a few times.

"Dena have you noticed the lights keep flickering?" I asked leaning into her so no one thinks to chime into the conversation. She looks up scanning the lights around the room.

"No I haven't noticed. Are you sure they're flickering?" She looks to me with soft eyes, as to suggest I might still be suffering from this morning.

"Yeah, it's just little flickers and I always seem to pick the chair underneath the ones doing it." I exclaimed hoping she wasn't pitying me.

"It could be just some electrical problems. I heard one of the janitors this morning, say there was a water leak. Maybe it's dripping on the electrical system?" Her thought process makes sense. Maybe it's just a quinky-dink.

I silently finished eating my meal, occasionally glancing over to Eros, who was siting with the bad boys club. His gaze would meet mine a few times, only for me to break contact. My cheeks felt like fire every time our eyes locked, only for a moment. I prayed to God, that my face wasn't as red as a tomato. I don't know what it is but he just seems untouchable. Like he's eyes see right into my soul, and what I see around him is just dark.

His big beautiful gray eyes and darkness. But that darkness is what's drawing me in. My head says no but my body reacts differently. For the rest of the day I couldn't take my mind off him. He was only in one of my classes yet. I couldn't shake the feeling of him still being there. Almost haunting, to a point of my hairs standing on end. The last bell for the day couldn't ring fast enough. My brain was consumed with thoughts of Eros, and I couldn't make them stop. Leisurely passing through the student filled halls, I was secretly hoping Eros would be at his locker. But as i opened mine, he was no were in sight.

Pulling each book out of my locker, I slipped them into my bag. Tucking my last thick book from my locker and heard a clunk. After placing my last book in my bag, I looked up to my now empty locker. Well almost empty, a shinny flash twinkles in the lower front corner of my locker. It's hidden quite well, tucked in the lip of the locker door. My fingers fished out the tiny object. It was a locket, a very nice sterling silver locket. With the engraved initials for SS on the front. Opening it, I noticed there was room for two pictures. But only one was firmly placed on the right side. The picture was of a hummingbird. A beautiful green, red bellied hummingbird. Flipping my hair to the side, I placed the locket around my neck. Before I knew it, Dena was by my side tugging Killian along.

"Hey! So James has football! Is it cool if you take Killian home?" Dena's eyes pleading for me to accept her request. But it didn't take much, my brain was foggy anyways.

"Yeah, sure. It's no problem." I said swinging my bag over my shoulder with a huff.

We made our way out of the school and into the lot. Cars zooming out to salvage, what was left of the nice day. Music blaring, people laughing, we truly are living the best days of our lives. Well the ones who are still alive are, that is. All of a sudden Sage Spiriteen popped through my head. Memories of her before she was gone. The few encounters we exchanged and the many times we passed one another in the hall. Something they all had in-common was the necklace, around Sage's neck. It was the locket, the one thing she wore every day. How did no one notice the day she took it off? More importantly, why was it shoved in the crevice of the locker, hidden?

The ride to drop off the couple, was short and quiet, as Dena didn't want to run the risk of some freaking out again. So I dropped her first, then took Killian home. Receiving a 'thanks' from the pair, as they saunter away. I finally thought my day was over and I could just go home and relax. But there she was standing her white dress blowing in the breeze. Her hair flutters like wings of a butterfly. I pulled my Jeep over, getting out as she glided to me. She truly was beautiful, alive and in death. The closer she got the more I could see. The woman standing in front of me was Sage. An older version but it was her.

"Rose." Her voice as if a whisper, in the wind.

"Yes." I managed to spit out, my tongue as dry as the Sahara Desert.

"The locket." Her voice carried in the wind.

"It's yours.... isn't it.", I beckon her.

She reaches her hand out, palming my chest where the locket rests. I feel slight pressure taking hold of my rib cage. Her slight touch, giving me a vision.

*************

And that's where i leave you my lovely's! The next chapter will explain a little more but just enough to keep you guessing! Tell me why you think i would love to hear from you all! Message me! Thanks lovely's!!! ❤️ btw comment what u guys think Eros should look like! Who should play his character!? Remember he's like 16!