Parden the Interuption

Gia sashayed over to James's side, as he hoisted himself off the ground. She started to run her finger up his bicep, drenching her digit in his sweat.

"Looks like you've been busy." She smiled up at him, and he in return gave her a small grin. It was time I interjected.

"Uuuu-hhhh-uuuuu-mmmm." I cleared my throat. "We just finished, and we're leaving." The words left my mouth with rapid fire. Gia's tore her heartfelt gaze from James to me. Hate radically shifting her expression.

"Well well well, Rose. I didn't see you standing there." She said flickering her eyes back to James. Her expression changing yet again, a flirtatious grin stretching across her full pink lips. "Would you like to say and climb with us?"

"Like I said we're leaving." I hissed at her, tired of her games. When a familiar face walked up, saying Hi.

"Hey Rose! You been climbing long?" Miguel asked, while slipping into his harness.

Miguel is one of my climbing buddies. He's homeschooled with his six other siblings, all of them ranging from the ages of three to twenty-two. Miguel is somewhere in the mix. He's short like me, with a handsome dark complexion. Black buzz cut hair, with bourbon brown eyes, and little peach fuzz sitting upon his chin. In fact this is were we first met, about two years ago, I think.

"Miguel, what are you doing, with this group?" It sounded a little bitchier than I intended an I'm sure my facial expression, looked just as nasty. So I tried to smile, answering his question as to how long I had been out here.

"Just an hour."

"Cool, cool, well Gia's mother called and asked if I could take her and her friends climbing. So here I am." He said smirking, his hands showcasing his body. I giggled a little. Ignoring Gia's grubby hands on James arm. He wasn't moving away so why should I lay claim to what's not mine.

"You know what?" I looked to James. "Why don't we stay?" I smiled to Miguel. Not caring if James wanted to stay or not. He could leave. I know my way home.

"Great!" Gia, cheered, actually acknowledging my presence, running her hands down James arm. Giving him a little pull to follow her. "James would you help me with my harness?" She innocently asked.

James looked back to me, his hand rubbing the back of his neck. I don't know if he's asking for my permission or if he's feeling awkward. But my stone expression gave him no answer. He should know the right thing to say.

"Um, yeah, sure." He said, walking off with Gia. I watched as she played dumb. Having him help her stick her feet through the foot holes, like a child. He helped her pull the straps tight, hugging her thighs. He then looped the hanging straps, back through the buckles. His knuckles grazing her thighs. He wasn't dumb, he was a boy. He liked Gia that's for sure or he wouldn't have helped her. So much for this being a good first date.

Miguel and I instructed everyone, how to climb, knot and every safety step we could think of. They all had helmets since it was their first time climbing. Ginger and Gretchen flirted with Miguel, while giving me death glares. I didn't mind though, they were harmless.

Finally, everyone was strapped up and ready to descend. I elected to stay at the top incase of an emergency, with inexperienced climbers. Plus I really couldn't watch another second of Gia's flirting with James. Call me jealous, I don't care. This was our first date and he decided to stay quite and follow Gia like a puppy.

Miguel smiles to me before pushing off, "See ya in a few."

With the last five teens including James, descended to the bottom. James gave me a cheeky grin before leaning back to fall. I didn't want to react but of corse I smiled back. The kind of smile, that shows ever crevice of your teeth. I wanted to be mad at him, but he was making it hard.

——————————————

Time had passed while I sat at the top alone, the only noise heard was the chatter of climbers and the radio, from James's car. I rolled the windows down to listen to the top hit station channel 94.1 FM, while I waited for them to reappear.

Getting board of just sitting there, I stood up to stretch my legs. Looked around at all the willow trees surrounding me, when my eyes caught sight of two dark figures just hiding in a bushy Willow. I started to take a step closer, my curiosity always gets the best of me. 

However, the dark figures stayed put, as a dark mist seeming to clear up. There legs where the first things I noticed. A slimmer man with black jeans and black converse. The other man stood thicker his legs bare just like his feet. He looked like a warrior of solid muscle, with thick hair lining his shins.

I stood about ten feet from the men, both faces still hidden behind the dense leaves. When a hand pushed the vines to the side reveling his face. Eros. His silver eyes glaring at me with such anger. The scowl on his lips sent a shiver down my spin. I paused mid step, not wanting to get any closer. Only causing Eros to sharpen his death glare at me.

"Come here Rosie." He viscously snaps.

I wasn't about to obey him, nope, I want to live. So I did the only thing I could do, I turned and ran. I didn't know where I was going to run that he wouldn't find me. But I needed to run. However, the moment I lifted my leg to run, his hands snakes around my torso, pressing me possessively to his chest. I fought as hard as I could kicking and scratching, but for some reason I couldn't scream.

He tight grip roped around me, pulling me deep into the shaded tree. My hands desperately tried to pull against the willow branches, only for me to strip them of their leaves. He had effectively trapped me. I watched the light fade from my sight. 

The darkness, swallowed me.

*****************************************

Hey loves! So sorry it has taken my forever to update! I have been extremely busy! However I was told today that my book ShadowKissed was 'Ok.'

Kinda made me a little sad. No one likes to be told there just Ok. But she did say she loved my writing. So hopefully I can come up with a better story next time.

I know you can't please everyone!!!! And I
Appreciate feed back! Less on spelling and grammar and more on the actual story but hey I will take it all! Lol

So thanks to everyone who has stayed with me!! ShadowKissed as made it to 7k reads! Thanks so much to the _universal book club who contributes a lot to that!!