Letting It All Out

Choking on her food, Dena just sat there staring at me, staring like a deer in headlights. I wasn't sure if she was shocked and believed me or if she was shocked and thought I was crazy. Her face void of any other tells. God, I really hope she doesn't think I'm lying or trying to get attention. I really need her to believe me, because if she doesn't I'm hopeless.

"You're fucking kidding me right." She finally spat. Still baffled by my recollection.

"I'm not." My voice is as serious as my expression. "Since the day I died out at Willow Lake, I have been seeing things, that others can't. When I was in the hospital I saw dark shadows and one lingered in my room. When my parents took me back to the lake I'm pretty sure I saw Sage standing upon the water. I also have a feeling those lights flickering around me are not just coincidence and I found Sage's locket hidden in my locker. The one she never took off." Revealing to her, the locket placed securely around my neck.

She sat here taking in every bit of information I could give. Not judging but just listening. I must have peaked her interest, because that's when she started asking questions.

"So in the Jeep, our first day back, you swerved to miss Sage?" Her inquiring eyes steadily hold my gaze. The wrinkles in her forehead become more prominent than before.

"Yes. I saw what I think to be Sage, and I also ran into her again yesterday." My eyes softly when I felt her pain in my vision course throughout my body, once again.

"You had a vision?" Rapidly firing her shock.

"Yes, after I found her locket, she came to me placing her hand upon my chest, over the locket. Giving me a vision of what I believe, was one of her last days."

All of my information intrigues her, as she starts to shift on the bed, moving closer to the edge, next to me.

"What was it about? Did you see her die!?" Her voice was soft and sorrow filled. A look of consern arose within her, as her demeanor shifted.

"I felt her pain as the rope biting her skin. I smelt the mold of the basement, she was kept in. But I also felt the fear she felt, when he came after her." Not wanting to go too in-depth of what Sage went through. I didn't want to burden Dena with all my pain, all of Sages pain.

"Rose, how could you hold all of this in for so long? Why didn't you tell me sooner!?" Her gaze scrutinized me. The wonder evident in her eyes.

"I didn't know what was happening. I thought it would go away. But it hasn't and I don't know what to do." I couldn't look at her any longer. I felt tears lining my eyes at the shame I felt. I should have told someone sooner.

I could hear Dena's feet pitter patter in my direction. Her arms taking in my shamed figure. Before I realized I was crying, large sobs escaped with each breath, gasping for air. Her hands smoothing my hair, bringing me into a deeper embrace. When I was finally able to stop my crying only then did I feel at peace.

"Dena, I don't know what I would do without you." My heart warmed from the affection she was giving me.

"You would die." She chuckled. "Because I'm your soul sister....you know your other half." Her eyebrows rise and lower hastily, with a loving smirk on her face.

Shrugging her from my body as if jokingly disgusted by her. We giggled a little louder, when her door swung open.

"Sounds like you two are having fun." Dena's little brother, Eli interrupted. His cheeky grin directed at me.

Dena looked around before picking up something heavy to throw at her brother.

"Get out of my room!" She snapped. Tossing the object at his head. Of course he expertly dodges it, he's thirteen, his reflexes are that of a cat.

"Mom said dinner's ready." His resentful aggressive voice, directed at his sister's existence.

"Fine. Now leave." The bane stinging in her words.

Before Eli gets another opportunity to mouth off, Dena slams her door in his face. Turning back to me with irritation, dressed in her posture.

"God, he's so annoying. And he has a total hard on for you." Pausing for a moment before crudely biting. "Little Creep."

I just chuckled at their whole altercation. She acts like she hates him, but in reality if anything were to ever happen to him, she would kill. Eli would do the same for her, no doubt. I get it, my older brothers and I had plenty of fights before they moved out. It's just what siblings do, we fight, we hate, but we unconditionally love.

"I wonder what your mom made?" I asked, trying to lighten the mood.

"I don't know. Let's go, I'm starving." She turns to open her door, holding the nob. When she turns back around towards me, standing just behind her. "Thank you for telling me."

Biting my lip became I feel embarrassed. I just confessed my crazy abnormal life and she accepted me. Or did she? I just smiled sweetly, the pair of us heading down the stairs, to eat whatever smelled so delicious.  After dinner I hugged Dena taking my leave.

"Bye girl!" Smiling, waving to Dena who stands in the front door frame.

"We'll talk more tomorrow!!!" She yelled to me, when I hopped in Jane and revved her engine. For once can I have a normal day and night. Driving off, I started to pray to god.

"Hey God, it's me again. I just wanted to say thanks for giving me such a great friend. I also wanted to ask you to please protect me from my lustful dreams tonight. I have had an ok day and I would like an ok night." I thought to myself, speaking with the Lord. "Anyway thanks, Amen." Finishing my conversation to my God, I pulled into my drive and headed straight up the stairs. Waving to my parents sitting watching 'Wheel of Fortune'.

"Love you guys, night."

"Night baby!" My mother said, just before solving the puzzle.

"Night Bud." My father mimics, solving the phrase, only to get it wrong.

When I stopped at the top of the stairs, I just looked down at them smiling. I was truly lucky to have such an amazing family. Slinging my bag from my shoulders, I tossed it next to my desk. Luckily, I finished all my assignments in study hall. I changed into some pajama shorts and a tank top. Then I turned on the TV in my room, skimming through, I picked a cheesy romance movie. Last thing I remember, was a mind blowing kiss, before my head hit the pillow and I was out.

*******************************

Hey guys and gals there's another update for you! Just curious as to who u think Rose looks like? Like what actress do you think matches her description? Let me know!!!

I feel like Elle Fanning would be a perfect Dena! What's your thoughts!?

Don't forget to vote comment and share my book to your friends!!!

Thanks loves!