Open Your Eyes

My mind wasn't at all focused on the school work ahead of me. My scarf still placed snugly against my neck. I couldn't risk someone seeing it. I wouldn't know how to explain the deep bruises, painted on my skin. If anything I would have to admit to choking myself, but that would only land me in the looney bin. Maybe that's where I should be? Somewhere I could be constantly watched. Somewhere someone could see what was happening to me.

Sitting in a desk in the back corner of English class, I slouched in my chair exhausted. My mind has been mentally drained and now my body feels like it's running on empty.

Eros walks in smug as can be, a sauntering walk without a care in the world. Our eyes meet just for a moment when I break contact. The look he had on his face was, interesting. It was as if he didn't know what to feel. Anger, confusion, worry running across his face. He was a mystery to me, to say the least. Always wearing his black leather jacket, barely paying attention to the instructors. He's eyes land on me at least twenty times in class. I mean I'm not against him looking but to some point it gets a bit much.

Without a word he slid into the desk next to me. His left leg bounced uncontrollably. From what? Agitation? Nervousness? Fear?

"Ok class, today we are going to start the book 'Lord of the Flies'. I will be pairing you up with a partner to read together." Contemplating who she was to pair us with, her eyes fluttered with her fingers taping her chin.

"Hum? Ok this row look to your right." She said pointing to my row. "And this row look left." She said pointing to Eros' row.

Our eyes connected one more time, I could see the black in his eyes spread. He's lips in a thin line, almost as if he was in a trance.

"Take a good look, because that's your partner for the semester." She beamed a smile filled with satisfaction to her decision. She did the same thing to the other six rows of students. As soon as everyone was paired, books started to be handed out. Starting to the far side of the room, Mrs. Means placed a book with every pair. Eros and I would be the last to receive ours. Only Mrs. Means handed the last book in her hand to the pair in front of us.

"I'm sorry Rose, Eros. I thought I grabbed enough. You will have to run to the library and check-out one for the two of you." She sweetly smiled, a little red filling her cheeks. Was she blushing? At him?

"Sure thing Mrs. Means." Eros cocked a smile showing his pearly whites. Only giving her a darker pink complexion.

Without a word I started walking towards the door, Eros hot on my trail. He walked next to me looking at me from the corners of his eyes. A blank expression on his face. What was he thinking? Almost to the library when a hand girly grips my upper arm pulling me from the hall. Eros tosses me through a door. The bathroom....the boys bathroom. Turning to look at the boy, manhandling me. His figure steps through the door, anger laced in his face. His brows furrowed, his strides tramp towards me. With every hostile step he takes, I timidly took one back. The only thing stopping my last step, was the stall wall. It's cold exterior surface nipping at my skin. Eros furiously grips my scarf, ripping it from my neck.

"Who did that to you." Venom dripping from his words.

"Um, I uhh." My mouth babbles like a baby learning its first words.

"Spit it out Rosie!" He shouts, punching his fist next to my head, denting the metal stall.

A wave of fear, sends the words back down my throat. Unable to speak, he's intense eyes narrow in on my small figure.

"Who-did-that-to-you." Eros hissed out each individual word, as if to slow things down for my brain to comprehend.

"I don't know." My eyes looking to the floor, ashamed in myself for feeling so weak.

"What is that?" He says pointing to the heart shaped locket.

"A locket." I told him, my eyes still cast away, from the man intimidatingly to close for comfort.

"Who's?" His voice softens, when he hand slips under the necklace. His knuckles grazing my chest, just above my breasts.

"Sage's." My voice, sounding drier than the Sahara Desert.

I watched his hand clinch around the locket, stripping it from my body. The back of the necklace tugging my head forward, before the clasp broke. The locket tossed to the tiled floor, leaving his hands and if nothing happened.

"Are you trying to kill yourself!? Keep that off your neck!" He yelled at me as if I was a child.

"Kill myself? What are you talking about!?" My voice regaining some strength. My eyes staring widely at his accusation.  I wasn't trying to kill myself! I'm trying to stay alive! You dumb ass!

"You already have someone feeding off your soul. You wearing Sages necklace allows her to feed off yours as well." He blankly stated as if it was normal for me to hear his explanation.

"What do you mean, 'feed off me?' You're feeding off me?" Still in shock of what this crazy boy is trying to tell me.

"Look at me." He stands about five feet away from my figure still placed against the metal wall.

"I am." I sarcastically spat. What the hell is wrong with him?

"No, really look at me. Close your eyes take a deep breath and feel the world around you. Then open them and look at me. Tell me what you see." His harsh voice calming just enough to sound almost normal.

Closing my eyes, I placed my palms against the cool metal.  Taking in a deep breath exhaling all of my cares. I opened my eyes to what I never expected to see. Eros stood tall his dark hair a little longer than normal. Protruding from his skull were too large ram-like horns. His ears stand to a point, almost elf like but sharper. His eyes shining a bright silver, his hands presenting razor sharp claws. He stood in front of me almost fully naked, only a small cloth covering his chiseled body. His feet looked grotesque with black like tar covering his mid shin. As if walking in a deep pit, you would lose your shoes in. Then his wings came flying out, hidden behind his back. Almost bat like but with more demonic features. He truly was a monster and he was helping me to see, everything I wanted to hide from.

The monster standing before me, radiated power with a dark aura. I couldn't help the fear cording through my veins. When I looked away shunning him from my site. My eyes landed on the locket, looking as if rusted and decrepit. Darkness surrounding its existence.

"Now you truly see." He voiced. His calm tone guiding my eyes back to his figure.

"What are you?" My voice felt shaky, but came out with more curiosity.

"Incubus." Was all he said a mere word confusing but revealing all at the same time.

My look of confusion wasn't wavering. I could tell he was irritated with my question, as if just looking at him it should have been obvious.

"We will talk about this later." Turning to leave the restroom he hadn't changed back to his human self. When he opened the door he looked back at me, commanding. "Go back to class." Before completely leaving me alone. Trying to process what he showed me, I picked up my scarf wrapping what was left around my neck. Before I started heading for the door, I turned back picking up the locket and sticking it in my pocket. Heading back to the norms of class life, I sat there waiting as Eros returned with our book. He started reading as if nothing had happened. I don't know what this all means but he is going to give me answers.

Tonight.

***************************************

Well there it is another up date i had a little bit of writers block but now i can't stop writing!! Yah!!!

Rose seams a little slow catching on but all will come to light! Who here loves Eros or thinks he's a dick!?

What do u think his intentions are with Rose!?

Thanks for reading! Please vote & comment!