Madam Tanda

"Bust my skeroo." She said, her eyes looking as if a deer in head lights. She had this shocked look, but also a questionable gaze. Her shoulders stiff, her back strait as a board.

"What?" I was so confused, what the hell does that mean. I mentally scolding Dena for not giving me the chance to research her native tongue. I should have been prepared for this. Actually Dena shouldn't be here. She doesn't know.

Her grip on my hands tightened, pulling me from my thoughts. Her eyes burned through me, as if she was still reading my inner demons. Awaiting her response she took a second longer, as she gathered her thoughts.

"Sorry, dear, I'm in America, I forget." She said enunciating the end of every word. "But you are like me. Not exact, but similar. You can read people with a touch. Like I do to you. The dead seek you." Her wide lips stretched for a smile.

Honestly, everything she was saying was all true. I felt her emotions and I can see the dead. I'm a freak. What she said didn't scare me and it felt good to know there was someone else like me. For once, I might be able to actually get answers. With that thought, relief washed through my body, a deep sigh leaving my lips. Somehow she put me at ease, like she was taking away my anxiety.

"You should not keep what is not yours." Her weathered brown eyes, looked at me softly. While I looked at her with confusion. Keep what? I haven't taken anything that I know of. Sage's locker was in Sheriff Randy's hands, I had nothing else of hers. Eros gave me flowers, maybe that's what she's taking about.

"What is not mine?" My eyes scanning her face for understanding.

"Their emotions dear," she told me softly, "those you read, you are taking in their emotions, but not releasing them. You keep what is not yours." She spoke softly, while her thumbs caressed the outsides of my hands. She was trying to comfort me, and I appreciated it. She must have been through something similar.

She felt what I felt, she knows I'm lost, scared, curious and shocked. I never knew one person could feel so many emotions at one time. It's like tearing a piece of paper into a million different little pieces. The puzzle of putting it back together is nearly impossible. Every time I feel like a piece will fit, something else happens in my life. Shredding any ounce of hope I still have left. But speaking with her today gave me just that, hope. Hope my father will be alright, my life will fall back into place and finally, hope I will help catch Sage's killer.

"What did you see?" My voice reflecting her soft tone.

"My dear, what I see is darkness in your soul. A shadow girl seeks retribution. While a demon lays clam to your soul, feeding off your innocence." Her voice was filled with flair, while her aged eyes struck me with a benevolent stair. She was deep in a trance reading all, my mind, body and soul would allow.

Dena who I had forgotten sat next to me, shocked. Her face looking that of a ghosts face. With her jaw dropped and eyes wide, she was confused, and I was in deep shit. I have no idea how I was going to explain all of this to her.

"What is she talking about?" Dena managed to speak, her body slightly shifting uncontrollably. I could feel her uneasiness, radiate from her body.

"D, I'm just as confused." I lied, just a little......ok a lot. I don't know how I'm going to explain this to her.  I feel so guilty for not spilling everything. But at the same time, I want to protect her from all of this. She means the world to me and I don't want her getting hurt. I don't want Eros getting his grubby finger around her and I defiantly don't want Sage haunting her. I don't want her to feel the way I feel.

Madam Tunda decided to keep rambling, ignoring the side conversation Dena and I were having.

"She will haunt you for eternity. You will be his. When the contract is sealed, your life will mean nothing, come death." Her voice was sounding as if spoken by a wise old women. She knew more than she was telling, and I wanted to know.

"Who is she'? Sage? How do I brake his contract?" My questions babbling on and on. I needed answers and she seams like my best shot.

"Sage is very angry with you." Her tone mocking. "As for him, the only way for your contract to brake is for you to lose your virginity to another man." This time she spoke very clearly, as to make sure I completely understood the task at hand. Sage was pissed, I knew that for sure. I had felt it many times before. As for losing my virginity to another man, I have just the guy in mind. Tall, mouthwatering, muscular body and sandy blond hair. Perfectly matching with his handsome blue eyes like the midday sky. Gosh! Just thinking about him gives my stomach butterflies.

"Why is Sage mad at me?" I was so confused, I thought I was helping her find her killer. I did feel her anger towards me, but maybe she was confused or that was all she could feel.

Madam Tanda just looked into nothingness, her eyes lingering over my left shoulder. "It will soon be revealed." This women was impossible. All I want is a straight forward answer. Damn it! She was giving me everything I was searching for, but now she decides to clam up.

"Can you tell me anymore?" The frustration evident in my voice.

Her hands finally released my wrists, immediately snapping her out of the spiritual trance she held. Her body shifting, visibly relaxing. Before she spoke the only words that could chilled me to the bone.

"She hides within you."

**********************************************
Dedicated to: ur_favouritexx  for your votes and comments! Your amazing!
Hey loves!

So wow a lot has happened what do you think of Madam Tunda. It's like her speaking took a 360. One min she is speaking Nigerian the next she's speaking fluent English.

I feel Madam Tunda has secrets.

So what did you think!? Any ideas as to who killed Sage?