Humming Bird

So here's a cover made by _universal  tell me what y'all think!? It's far enough in the book. Do you like the softer side of this cover or do u like the darker side?

*********************************

Hummingbird.

Sage's locket had a humming bird in it. My brain became overwhelmed with all these facts being thrown at me, left and right. First Eros tells me his truth, now I catch my mother and Dr. Finley arguing. Something is definitely off about that. Why did he call her Hummingbird? Is that some sort of pet name he gave her? I guess they are the same age. Maybe it was from when they went to school together. I vaguely remember my mother and father talking about high school memories. Finley must have been in their class or they at least went to school together.

Still baffled by the side show my body slumped against the bumpy textured wall. Releasing my muscles to the point of shut down, I just sat there holding my knees; processing. I needed to find a way to get answers from my mother, without drawing too much suspicion. I needed to keep her guard down to collect every tidbit I possibly could. But how? How would I bring up the humming bird nickname, without setting off alarms? Would she even tell me? Maybe I can bring up the locket and ask her about it somehow that way.

My hands, palmed the cold tiled flooring, probably covered with more germs than a toilet. Pushing myself off the wall and away from the ground. I stood revealing myself behind the snack cart. My mother's head popped out of the room, looking right to left scanning. As if a child was looking both ways before crossing the street. She spotted me, causing my heart rate to jump to an ungodly pounding, to which I felt, all the way in my ears.

"Rose, Sweetheart. What are you doing?" Her questioning gaze, suddenly finding myself dumbfounded. I opened my mouth for zero words to fall out.

"Seriously? Rose. Do you need to be eating right now?" She smacked. Looking at the snack cart in front of me. I glanced down grabbing a cookie. Before my eyes locked with hers, a small smile at the crease of my lips.

"Sorry, mom. I just saw sweets and wanted some." I played off, hoping she didn't realize, I might have been standing here during her spat. 

"It's ok dear, come here, we need to talk." She said, stress tinted in her soft voice.

I felt a little worried but, surely my mother would talk to me out here, away from my brothers, if she had suspected I was eavesdropping. Without any hesitation, I walked to my father's room. Where he lay, still sleeping from his enduring heart surgery. My brothers perched in the chairs by his bedside. The oldest Dominic sat on his phone, while Dean just stared at my father. Wanting desperately for him to wake. My mother's hand slipped into mine, stepping beside me her other hand rubbing my upper arm, her slim fingers wrapping around my bicep. She squeezed just a little, as if a small hug to ease her pain or mine. Her lips gently touched my hair, kissing with love, only known by a mother.

"Rose, I know it hasn't been easy for you recently. I know what is happening with you now, will be a fight. Now that your father is out of surgery and the Doctor says he is fine. I would like you to return to normal activities. Go to school, hang out with your friends. I need you to keep fighting, with your demons." She spoke softly, gently her grip on my arm tightening. If only she knew. My mother's beautiful blue eyes looked down upon me. Her blond hair tucked behind her ears.

"With your father's accident, Damion is going to have to do more work at the shop. Dean will be helping more around the house, so your father can recover. But I need you to go back to your everyday life as if nothing has changed. You need normalcy . I want you to go to school do homework and hang with friends. Don't think I haven't heard about your PTSD, attacks." She was loving but somewhat scolding me at the same time. I looked at my brothers both staring daggers through me.