Ditching School

The Rose was beautiful, white with red tips, called Blush I believe. It was blooming more then the roses before, still throned. I wonder if that has a meaning to him. Other than the fact he's a prick, but hey he is a demon.

Rolling out of bed I quickly ran to the bathroom, slamming the door. I didn't feel sick, i wasn't sick but i needed my mom to think i was. And right on cue my mother knocks on the door.

"Sweetie, are you alright?" Her gentle tone, makes me feel bad for lying.

"I don't feel good mom. Cough, couch, gag, "I think I came down with something." I said lying throughly teeth. Quite convincing I might add, in getting better.

"Do you want me to get you anything?"

"No, I'm fine." Gag. This fake heaving is going to actually make me throw up.

"Ok dear, I'm going to call the school and tell them your sick. If you need anything call me or your father."

"Ok thanks mom." Acting's sweet as can be with a little ill in my throat.

"I love you dear." She hummed through the still closed door.

"Love you too." Gosh now I really feel bad. Good thing I'm not Pinocchio or my nose would be longer than this bathroom.

I can hear my mother's foot steps, leaving the house. I quickly glanced out the bathroom window, seeing both my parents cars pulling out. Leaving me home alone. The first thing I'm doing is taking a quick nap and then heading to the lake. I'm going to get to the bottom of this if it's the last thing I do.

*********** *********** **********

My nap was refreshing! But still no Eros. I think his avoiding me now. Which isn't a bad thing since he is a demon, but my queral with him isn't over. Stretching my arms and legs my core tightens, a euphoric feeling, you know. For once I finally feel refreshed, like I can conquer the day. For that I'm grateful, because today I start my own investigation. I'm tired of living in fear and I'm tired of always being drained. Comparing this feeling is something I can't explain. I'm just tired of being tired, it's almost like taking meth. Not that I have but from what I've heard and seen there energy levels are off the charts when high. So I guess that's what I feel like.

I head in to my walk in closet throw on a loose fitting crop top, just a little not a lot. I paired it with my light grey active shorts, I loved these because they had little triangle patterns all over. Sporty but still could be dressy. My hair was finally dry enough I could whip it into a fishtail braid. Closing my closet door revealing the full length body mirror. My out for it cute no doubt and with my fish braid draped over my right shoulder, I looked hot. Forgetting the make up, I decided on all natural today. Paring my outfit with my white nike sneakers, just incase I need to run. I grabbed my bag filled with my scratch book and pencils, snacks and water.

Tossing my bag into Janes back seat, I went strait to Willow lake in search of the hunter green house. Determined to scout it out, find out who lives there and what surrounds it. Why was Randy interested in this house? Surly more than just its close proximity to the lake. I wonder what's behind those red cellar doors? Who paints red on an exterior hunter green house? Those colors don't even match. I've never seen this house, so Jana and I cruised around tell my eyes landed on exactly what I was looking for. The dark green exterior hid the house well from the street, it sat back probably a good thirty yards in the brush. How ever the bright red doors stood out like a sore thumb. Odd but whatever to each there own right?

I parked Jane on the non busy street, this was out in the middle of no were. The next lake house was about two miles away. It was a quite day out here, alone. Maybe I should have brought Dena with me now that I think about it. No one knows I'm here. Quickly texting Dena my location, I slid my phone back in my back pocket. Walking up the winding paved driveway. I left her up on my phone awaiting her reply. Closing in on the house I can see what appears to be nobody home. Just to make sure I'm in the clear I went straight to the front door, it's color tan matching the house. When I knocked and rang the door bell with no response. I took that as my opportunity to snoop.

Peeking through the doors small window, it was a nice house. Beautiful wood work, hardwood floors shiny and polished. Peeking through another window, it's the living room. The furniture looked brand new as if no one uses it. A brown leather couch with matching chairs surround a huge flat screen TV. Past that looked like a dining room and kitchen. This house looks small from the street but looks huge close up, there looks to be another den off to the side. I didn't see any pictures but then again it's hard to see details through a window. That's why when you window shop you go in to try it on or out.

Slithering sneakily through the bushes, hiding from any on lookers. I snaked my way around the house, when this huge whiff of mint, hits me square in the face. Next to the red cellar doors is a very large patch of mint leaves, surrounding both sides. Stretching along the whole house infant. The mint herb is so over powering it just makes your eyes tear and your breathing heavy. I couldn't help the cough in my throat, from the deep inhale. I started to kill over, because with ever cough you take a breath trying to normalize your breathing. My hands catch my fall on the red door. Which is pad locked shut and a fresh coat of wet paint. Great. Now someone will know I was here.

Pulling my hands off the door, regaining my balance. I could feel the stickiness of the paint residue on my hands. Trying to wipe away the red coating my palms, I drag my hands in the grass around me. It helps a little but not a lot. Suddenly I hear a car door shut. My stomach drops, like a steep dip in a roller coaster. Luckily I'm on the opposite side of the house, but Jane is parked right out front. Shit. Maybe they payed no attention to the foreign car parked out front?

Taking a peek around the corner, it's none other than Dr. Finley. Dressed in dark slacks, a light blue button up with a dark grey tie. Draped over his forearm is his dress coat. He fiddles with his keys before finding the right one, sticking it in the door. He walks in shutting the door behind him. Taking this opportunity I scurry into the woods behind his house before I'm spotted. The only way I'm getting to Jane is if i walk around to make me look not suspicious. I don't want him finding out I'm the one who screwed up his paint job.

Safely hidden behind a tree I looked back to the house at question. Why was the door freshly painted and pad locked? Could that mint smell be the same as what Sage showed me in her vision? What does Dr. Finley have to do with all of this?

Suddenly I see Dr. Finley run out of his house. Getting in his black convertible Bentley, he reversed out of the winding driveway, faster than the speed of light. Unexpectedly my phone starts ringing. Thinking to myself it's probably Dena ready to scold me for not bringing her along. When my eyes lock on the screen it reads 'Mom'. Shit. Ok calm down act sick.

"Helloooo." I spoke drawing out a crushed voice.

"ROSE! YOU NEED TO GET TO THE HOSPITAL NOW!!! SOMETHINGS HAPPENED TO YOUR FATHER!" She says screaming with panic, her words fumbling in her mouth with sobs of tears. (CLICK.)

Shocked, my mother's fears paralyze me. What's wrong with my dad!? Without another thought I shook myself, my parents need me! My dad needs me! I ran to my car faster than I have ever ran before. Janes tires squealing against the pavement, pealing in the direction of the hospital.

"God please let my dad be ok! Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please......" Repeating the words in a whisper my breath heaving from panic. "PLEASE GOD!"

****************************************

Hey guys another update for you!

What do u think is going to happen to Roses dad Joe?

Do you think Dr. Finley is involved or just a coincidence?

Will Rose ever get a chance to talk to Eros!?

Please vote comment i love to hear what you think!

Btw this is the outfit I dressed Rose in! 😍