Lucaus

Dr. Finley walked through the door, effectively killing the joyous mood. The dark aura still surrounding, his body as he stepped into the room. His green eyes, staring at me unwavering, I didn't notice, until now, that we had the same eyes. The same beautiful eyes, my parents told me came from my grandparents. Whom I've never met, so naturally, I took there word for it.

Still cradled in my fathers arms, my eyes drifted to his. A silent question, awaiting his answer. Joe simply smiled at me, tightening his arm around me, a small hug. His nod told me to go, get the answers I was desperate for. After my father silently approved, my eyes drifted to my mother. Her small cheeks plumped with a smile, a small nod saying, 'it's ok with me.'

My body sluggishly left my fathers embrace, the tile flooring silent, against my shoes. With every step I took, and every breath I inhaled, it only heightened my anxiety. I wanted to talk to the man who created me, but at the same time, I just wanted to pretend he didn't exist. Joe is an amazing father and if Finley thinks he will ever replace Joe. He's mistaken.

The sound of the door clicking shut behind me, startled me from my thoughts. Dr. Finley started ushered me to his office.

"CODE BLUE, 438, CODE BLUE." The loud echo of a monotone voice, bounced from wall to wall. The hall began to fill with people in scrubs. Dr. Finley's hand left my middle back.

"Sorry Rose, I'll be right back." He said in a hurried voice, while heading to the room of gathered chaos.

I was left standing in the middle of the hallway, my eyes glued to the scene unfolding. Tell I noticed a boy standing in black laced boots, dark weathered jeans and a maroon short sleeved shirt. Showcasing his tattoo covered arm, looks like an almost full sleeve. He was tall and built, my guess six foot three, maybe. But his biceps were about to shred his sleeves, I know that for sure.

His blue eyes met mine and a wide smile stretched a-crossed his face. He had dusted facial hair, wasn't long, more like a five o' clock shadow. His teeth white as can be, equivalent to that of sun reflecting off snow. The top of his head was filled with thick blond hair, with a faded buzz to the side. He looked casual but professional, I feel like I know him but I'm not sure. He sat his pen down and started to wave, a smile still gracing his lips.

I furrowed my brow but smiled back to him, I was being polite, but failing to hide my confusion. I walked up to him, his eyes filled with love.

"Hey Desira." He spoke with confidence.

My confused look only became stronger. When I was about to speak, a voice interrupted me.

"Rose." Dr. Finley's voice rang, when the blond turned to him.

"Lucaus, this is Rose." Finley said with a firm tone. Almost like he was trying to hide something. When Lucaus turned back to me, his smile dimming just a little.

"Hi Rose, sorry I thought you were someone else." He said apologetically. His voice was deep almost like I've heard it once before.

"It's ok." I gave him a half smile, keeping my teeth hidden.

"Well, dad, I'm heading out. See you tonight." Lucaus snuggly said, leaving me in a craze of realization. I wanted to hand palm my forehead. I just checked out my brother. 🤦‍♀️ What's wrong with me?! My head wiped around watching Lucaus step into the elevator. My face covered in a 'What the fuck,' expression. When I spun back to Dr. Finley, ready to interrogate.

Finely swiftly turned heading to his office. His back facing me while I was hot on his tail.

"Lucaus is my brother." I said with a hint of anger laced in my words.

Finley continued to ignore me, when he abruptly stoped. Turning a handle, and gestured for me to walk in first. I happily obliged because I knew he wasn't going to answer me, tell that door was firmly closed. I plopped down in one of the leather round chars, covered in black leather. Waiting for Dr. Finley to take his seat behind his desk.

"Yes, Lucaus is your brother. He has a different mother obviously. But your half brother, yes." He was speaking coldly, like the first day I meet him, the day he told me I died.

"Why?" I asked, I realize it was a loaded question. So let's see what he explains.

"Because, I slept with another women." He looked at me like I was dumb. Damn that didn't work the way I planed it.

"Obviously, I'm asking why now? Why do you want me to know you're my biological father." I felt the tension in my through, while my voice went from sass to soft. I was so confused. What's so important that he wants me to know him?

"Well, Lucaus for one wanted to meet you. Two, I want to know you. Three, you need me just like I need you." He said as a matter of fact, very cocky and very brazen. What an ass.

"Well-" I started to speak before he cut me off.

"We would like you to come to dinner, tonight. Lucaus makes an amazing spaghetti and meatball." He asked, trying to sweeten the offer meatballs. I wonder if he asked my mom what I liked? Because spaghetti is my favorite dish.

"Just the three of us?" I questioned raising an eyebrow at him.

"Yes." He spoke abruptly.

"Fine." I mimicked him back.

"Good, seven o' clock sharp." He plainly stated, before turning his attention to paper work on his desk. "Shut the door on your way out." He commanded. Jeez I feel like I'm being fired.

After I left Finley's office, I went strait back to my fathers room. I told my parents what Finley requested and they both said it was fine. I didn't tell them about Lucaus, but I will, once I figure everything out. They both think it's a good idea, so when the clock struck six thirty, I started Janes engine and left.

I was about to walk in to a lions den. But instead of being the 'Peeping Tom,' I was the day Joe had his scare. I was going to be able to wonder the house freely get all the clues I wanted. But most importantly I was going to get to ask questions, and not seam like I was interrogating him.

I pulled into the long drive, parking Jane. My walk to the house was lit, from the inside lights, though the open windows. Like a candle in a mason jar, reflecting just enough light to see. I could feel my palm start to sweat, as I wiped them on my jeans. I took a deep breath and rang the door bell. The door swing open to a heavenly smell and my brother from another mother.

"Come in."

***********************************************

An update!!!!! What!!!!???? Lol

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Introduced a new player in the game! How do you think this dinner is going to go?

Sorry it's taken me a while to update I have been extremely busy! I'm in a book club, have a little work a full time job and I'm also apart of a community committee. So ya I'm a busy gal!

Anyway hope y'all enjoy!

Vote comment share my book on ur page!!!❤️