Dinner

"Come in." Lucaus's low voice sounded in my ear canals.

I stepped my foot through that door jam, the sound of my shoes pattered on the hard wood floors. This house seemed picture perfect even with the two of them in it. Like someone here was OCD and it always has to be clean. Lucaus smiled at me, then turned heading back to the kitchen. His laced black boots thudding against the floor. I took that as a sign that it was okay to keep mine on. So I followed him to the alluring smell of the kitchen. It smelled like mouth watering meat balls, or some kind of Italian sausage.

"Rose, thank you for coming." Finely somewhat smiled. He's so awkward, and mean looking. Maybe that's where my resting bitch face comes from. He was stand next to the stove stirring the sauce, so it didn't burn. Lucaus kept quiet swinging a checkered towel over his shoulder. Sending me a smirk, just before relieving Finley from his duties. I took a seat on the bar stool while the two stayed occupied with making dinner.

It was interesting to see the two work in the same space with different jobs. They were working cohesively, completely trusting in one another's movments. Finley chopped herbs, tending the meat balls. While Lucaus worked on the spaghetti sauce and garlic bread. I got the impression they must work together often.

"So Rose, I hear you like spaghetti." Lucaus was trying to brake the silence.

"I do." I plainly stated, then again descending into silence, trying to control the question that was burning on the tip of my tongue.

"Well, I think you will love mine." He smirked at me again. He knew he was handsome, and yes I was looking at him. But I was not looking at him with lust, if that's what he thought. That's gross. Before I managed to shut my mouth, I couldn't help the word vomit.

"Why did you call me Desira?" Shit, I was hoping to make it to dinner.

Both Lucas and Finley's green eyes locked on mine. It just got a whole lot more awkward in here. But I needed to know.

"I thought you were someone else. I told you that early." His answer sounding that of annoyance.

"I know, I just wanted to know where you knew this Desira from." I was going to find out damn it.

Well, that was until Dr. Finley decided to shut it down.

"You don't need to worry about that. We are here to talk about you." Finley eyes left mine, so he could scoop up his freshly chopped herbs, placing them in Lucaus' sauce. With Finley's job done, he asked me to sit at the table already set with three plates. Finley sat at the head while I sat to his right. Lucaus grabbed hold of the sauce bringing it to the table. His hands covered with oven mitts. He made another trip bringing the meat balls, garlic bread and then finally the pasta. A glass pitcher filled with ice was set to my right. I picked it up and started to poor mine. Finley raises his glass for me to fill his, Lucaus then did the same. We sat in silence while we each put food on our plates. Finley's plate was filled moderately while Lucaus had a heap full. I looked at my plate that had just a scoop full. Normally I at a lot but tonight wasn't about eating.

"So, Finley why do you call my mother hummingbird?" Man I was starting out with some deep questions. I hope he's ready to answer.

"Hummingbird? I don't know what you mean? I have never called her hummingbird." He looked at me with confusion. What a dumbass, I heard him call her that. What the hell is tonight about? Lying?