Part 10

In one evening, Khushi was studying in living room, when the landline rang. As phone was beside her, Khushi picked up-Hello.

"Hello..", came from other side.

It did not take longer for them to recognize each other's voice, one side it made them delighted on other instance the memory of last 4 months, none of them trying to initiate the talk first made them furious too!!

"Give the phone to Mumma..",

Her jaw line tightened hearing this roughness in his voice..He has not changed, right!! Same commanding attitude!! For a moment she thought not to waste her time hearing his not-so-important talk and handed the receiver to Anita but then again another thought came in her mind.. Is she his servant on whom he is commanding like this?? NO.. it's him who wants to talk to Mumma..if it was so urgent and private he would have called on her mobile than on landline!!

"Main tumahra gulam nehi hun..", she replied with same attitude!!

If he has to show his attitude every time, she can't act compose always too.

" Don't show your so called arrogance to me..", he replied.

"Kyun?? Arrogant hone ka haq sirf tumhara hai??", she asked spitting anger.

Forget about being sober, he has become too rigid!! Firstly he had called first, secondly he is showing himself as if he is the PM of the country and she is like a third person.

Arnav- Khushi, don't spoil my mood god dammit!!(he screamed over phone.)

Khushi gritted her teeth. How could he scream at her like this?? What does he think of himself??

"Now why are you silent dammit..Baat karo..", he said angrily hearing no reply from her from last 10 seconds. He very well could her holding the receiver then why can't she just talk!!

"Hey Khushi.. Chale??", he could hear a happy voice from other side of phone. It was a boyish tone!! Who is this guy and that too meeting her at his home!!

"Who is there Khushi??"

"Krishna hai Chotey..", suddenly he heard his mother's voice.

"Mumma??"

"Yes,Chotey.."

So she gave the phone to Mumma, did not care to reply the answer herself. And she thought it's more important to talk to that Krishna Singhania than him!! How could she just compare that Krishna with him?? She chooses Krishna first over him!! All these ideas are giving him only and only ample amount of insecure feeling. His blood started boiling as he imagined Krishna and Khushi talking so happily with each other, laughing their heart out which had never happened with him!!

Here she was talking so rudely in a careless manner with him, but with Krishna she could laugh, talk and becomes happy!! Then why can't with him??

"Mumma.. I am going to Delhi this weekend!! I have three days off here.", Arnav declared over phone, but before Anita could reply anything, he hanged up it.

It was dinner time, Khushi, Anita and Aarav were having their happy meal. Anita said- Chotey called today, he said he would be coming this weekend as he has some 3 days off there in college.

Aarav- Tha't actually very nice.. It's been more than 4 months now.

Anita- Yeah.. I was thinking to invite Anjali's in-laws too over dinner. What do you think??

Aarav- That would be very nice.. Anjali also asks about Chotey very often.

Anita-Hmm..

Khushi was hearing all these silently, so he was coming in weekend!! That's actually good thought!! She excused herself, got up wiping her lips.