Part 42

Arnav's eyes roamed around, he mumbled to himself.

" Seems like this family members have taken the idea of saving electricity a bit more seriously. "(He commented, looking around meeting only the darkness everywhere.)

Caressing Puchpuch's body one last time, he stood up and moved towards kitchen to drink some water. After this he proceeds towards his room, counting the number of stairs, looking down. He pushed the door opened and step inside. There is too the dim light, Arnav kept the laptop bag on recliner and started moving towards to cupboard to take his towel for a much needed hot shower his eyes fell on the shadow falling inside the room through the opened French door leading to poolside. He moved backward and checked the poolside only to see his WIFE standing there. He felt he just skipped a heart bit!! Was she real or it's his imagination??

He moved towards that direction,

She was standing facing her back towards him, Arnav did not say anything. Is she actually here??, Arnav's mind was asking this question, and if yes, then why did not she go with Mumma, Papa?? He was dazed completely.

Sensing the presence of another person's presence, Khushi turned her head only to find herself under Arnav's still gaze. She turned around completely facing him, Arnav took few steps forward until there was at least more than 1 meter gap between them.

Arnav- You did not go there??

Khushi - Would you have been happy, if I had gone there?? (Counter questioned Khushi looking directly into his eyes.)

Arnav was speechless for a moment in front this girl of his life. Did she take into mind of him being happy or not??Did not she actually because he had shown his disinterest?? If situation had been normal and they had been sharing a normal husband wife bond, by now he would have crushed her in his embrace as tightly as possible. His heart overwhelmed hearing her reply, his eyes just did not leave her face even for a micro second.

Under his soft look, Khushi still could feel a different sensation running down through each part of her body, she clutched her dupatta tightly in her small fist trying stable herself being near him. What's happening to her in these days?? Why being close with this man, is giving her lots many emotions to feel which had never happened before. She had shared long years with this certain person since very young days.. still what's this new feeling inside her around him??  She needs to leave from there, from this closeness with this man; this nearness is now making her restless more. She looked away and tried to escape from there saying.

" I'm heating food, come fast."

Arnav does not know whether he had actually heard anything properly or not, he was just too smitten by this gesture of her.

When Arnav reached downstairs, found Khushi already arranging plates for him and her. She took her seat, Arnav did his. No word spoken, but that silence was so intense for them. Khushi was trying very hard not to look up as she already knew what she would see looking up at him. Both wanted to end that silence but not knowing how!! 

His eyes followed her every action so minutely, each time when that fork touches her lips, each time she chewing the food then gulping down, her down eyes not wishing to meet his, the other left hand tightly gripping around a glass as if asking some energy from it. Khushi gulped down some water, his eyes followed the up and down of her throat with each sip she was taking, her actions seem leaving a major impact on him tonight.

He just did not know what he was even eating. He did not even notice it was his favorite sweet served on plate..

Khushi had no idea whether her decision of staying back was even a right one or not especially alone with Arnav. Being alone with this man, can give her so many emotions at the same time, she never knew. Now she was afraid of her whether whatever she was feeling, that can be names as nervousness, discomfort or excitement!! But indeed it was a thrilling experience she was undergoing beside him.