Part 16

It was afternoon, Khushi was returning back home with her friend Nitya. They were walking along the road enjoying two tasty corn cods coated with salt, chili powder and lemon juice.

Nitya- So your mood was off in morning because of Arnav or because he returned back home??

Khushi- Because of him ofcourse.. Why would I be tensed seeing him returning back?? You know, Mumma is too happy seeing him as if she has got her lost happiness..

Nitya- Oh.. to tu aunty ke liye khush hai??

Khushi- Yes, I'm happy for Mumma..

Nitya asked after a pause- You sure you are only happy for this reason??

Khushi stared back Nitya, narrowing her eyes- Don't even think of any other reason apart from this.. He is not my kind of person.

Nitya laughed- Did I say something like this??

Khushi- Don't I know what's going on in your mind Nitu??

Nitya smilingly wrapped her arm around Khushi's shoulder- Aww.. I did not know my friend is a mind reader too.. But that's a unique talent, I'm sure this talent will help you in future if you use it in a good way..(Khushi made face, smacking nitya's arm.) To bata, kab mila rahi hai hume use??

Khushi looked at her confusingly- Kise??

Nitya- Tera hero se..

Khushi- Salman Khan??

Nitya- Wow.. I did not know you consider Arnav  Salman khan??

Nitya laughed while running away, Khushi screamed- I'm not leaving you Nitu.. You will pay for this!!

************************

It was night, after dinner Khushi was cleaning dining table while Anita was cleaning kitchen. She has already changed into her PJs, it was a baby pink colour. Her hair was tied in a messy bun and she was humming a song lost in her world. Arnav noticed this while climbing down the stairs. He thought to avoid her and left for walk after dinner , but he just could not go away.

"So you don't like chocolates now??"

Khushi's hand stopped hearing him suddenly from behind. He has come here for this explanation from her!! That kind of amused her a bit.

Khushi- No..

Arnav asked stepping one step ahead- Why??

His voice was sounding so desperate!! She was surprised, Khushi replied turning to him- Why should I tell you?? And most importantly I don't think that chocolate you are referring is of my choice.. I like...

Arnav replied taking two steps towards her- Extra caramel, lots of nuts and choco chips.

Her eyes got widen.. Does he know?? How?? She does not remember her telling him this ever?? But still she should not give him the happiness of this feeling that he is correct. So what if he has brought this, did he ask her to taste it?? Over to this, he had insulted her on this chocolate matter in front of everyone, asking her to be happy sharing this with Kaira.. Has not he mentioned he had got these for Kaira??

Khushi- Sorry to say, but you are wrong. With time, my taste changed, so as habit.. Happy now?? Now leave..

His anger was doubled.. How could she lie to him?? She was trying to tell him, he does not know HER Taste!!

Arnav- Right, how would I know your taste?? He must have known your taste, right?? (Khushi frowned with the mention of HE) What's his name??

Khushi rolled his eyes- Whose??