Part 80

While talking Khushi's eyes fell on Anita who was heading to kitchen, probably to prepare dinner, thought Khushi. She quickly turned to Arnav.

" I'll be back."

" But where??"

Khushi did not reply anything further just blinked her eyes and excusing from others, she left from there. Arnav watched her retreating back until she disappeared in kitchen. He then turned to Aman who was saying him something.

Anita was about to do something, Khushi held her hand.

" Maa, you go and take rest for some time. I'll take care of rest."

Anita tried to say something, but Khushi did not let her speak and almost pushed her away from kitchen. If Anita Mumma does all work by herself, it would not take longer that she might fall sick once again. An understanding should be there in family among members. Just like Anita Maa values her work and life, Khushi needs to feel and do same, then only there will be less chance of misunderstanding and disturbances. And more over she is not a kid, she should know her responsibilities towards their home.

After Anita left, Khushi started preparing dinner, as Aman and Nitya were there too, she did not forget to consider their liking and taste also. After some time Nitya too got up leaving two young men to share their talk and joined Khushi in kitchen. Both friends started assisting each other while talking.

"Day after tomorrow it's Karwachauth.. Are you going to celebrate that??"

While chopping veggies, Khushi replied.

"Do you mean fasting?? (Nitya blinked her eyes..) I can do anything but that Nitya.." (Khushi gave her honest reply.)

"Actually you know, I was planning to fast.."(She shied away a little.)

Khushi smiled lovingly and asked teasingly knowing very well the answer.

" For Aman??"

"No, I was planning to fast for Arnav!!"

If Khushi can tease her, why can't she. 

"Shut Up Nitya.."

"Tu puchti aisi sawal hai Khushi..  Of course only for Aman,Khushi. "

" That's cute.. I'm sure he is going to appreciate your effort. So good luck."

"But next time I'll consider Arnav."

"Teri gala dawa dungi Nitya, bina koi afsos ke.." (I'll not repent and strangle you."

Khushi was about to beat eggs to prepare omelet when Nitya asked making rotis.

"It's Thursday right?? Then Eggs??"

Khushi laughed, "For Baba and Arnav eggs come first then Days.."

"That's cool Khushi.. You know Maa never allows me to touch these on Thursday especially..", Nitya pouted remembering her Bengali mother's advice. 

*************************

Aman and Nitya bided good bye, Aarav and Anita retired to their room while Khushi and Arnav went back to their bed room. While Khushi went to change into her night suit, Arnav joined bed. Khushi came out after few minutes and found Arnav laying on his side bed covering his face with his elbow and joining his both legs. Khushi had to check her mails, so taking her laptop she came to bed to her side. After almost 10-15 minutes, she found Arnav getting disturbed due to lights and trying to bury his face in pillow. She quickly switched off the lights, adjusting the temperature on AC, she pulled the quilt over him, Finding him a bit relax, Khushi left from there to poolside to continue her work not wishing to disturb Arnav as he seem exhausted. She had noticed that worn look on his face during dinner time. Work pressure at Singapore then joining office after coming back to Delhi, did hardly give any time to relax!! He needed sleep.