Part 52

Khushi stared at his face uncertainly through mirror ... Was he angry, did her words hurt his sentiment?? She did not share her feelings regarding wearing these two things with him to hurt him, rather she wants to tell him her uncertain feeling, her confused mind, her reluctance. She wants to know his reaction, she expects him to understand her point of wearing all these but with no emotion attached to it!! She does not want to play with these accessories anymore..

She had already rejected and disrespected these accessories once, she did not wish to repeat it again!! Because these were not just any random accessories that will help to beautify herself, these carry the tag of Wedding!! Wearing these accessories needs to be done with respect, affection and sentiment!! And for now, even though her heart started accepting them as husband wife, accepting him slowly in her life, even accepting their marriage slowly.. Still her heart was not allowing her to wear those. The dark shadow of their marriage has not left their memory completely. They were do share life together, they do share room together but they are not completely husband and wife in every sense. 

This is still a long way to go and she wanted to wait till that moment when her heart would accept everything with no confusion. Every wedding accessory carries some meaning than just making it a part of her body, and she wanted to actually understand those meaning and respecting before wearing.. 

" Don't wear if you don't wish Khushi.."

He again repeated, he bent and took those two thing from her hand and kept back on dressing table.

"Not only you, but also I have never respected it.. That night when I made you wear these I was not giving it any value, for me it was just a tie that would tie you with me.. That's it!!"

Her eyes were trying to read his face, she waited for him to make her confused soul understand something. 

" Our emotions, our respect for each, our belief on each other can either build or destroy our relation Khushi.. Not these.. If wearing these means saving or respecting marriage, I think then there should not be any divorce case in our judiciary.."

He made her stand up.

" Relax.. Accept it when your heart tells you."

She could not control her herself., looking down Khushi felt a single drop of tear escaping from the corner of her eyes and she could not understand for which reason was she crying!! Was she crying because her heart or mind was not allowing her to add those materials to her body like any married woman ...or.. for  The way this man has started treating her with such delicacy, understanding her even a bit more than she could understand herself  and at the same time not making her feel weak!!!

What is he after all??

***********************

Sitting beside Arnav, in front of holy fire Khushi gave a long stare at him who was doing as directed by the Priest. She turned her face, closed her eyes praying to God!! A prayer that was sent from the deepest path of her soul. 

Priest- (to Khushi) Keep your right hand on his right hand..

They did, Priest took a thread touching with his forehead and tied their hands together , then the he gave some flower petals and asked them to offer flowers to God with their hands tied like this. They did so..

Whether all these rituals were even successful or not Arnav Khushi had not known, they were just doing everything for their parents belief..But deep down while doing all these they could feel a connection with each other in emotional level.. A connection that was binding them with strongly. Offering prayer to God together with your spouse can give this connection and respect for each other they realised that moment. And they bowed their heads respecting that.