Part 71

Parking his car, Arnav got down. Aman's house was decorated with flowers and lights , not wasting any single minute, Arnav started to move from there. Standing at entrance Arnav looked around as before this he had not met Aman's family before.. It was a little bit awkward to be in such a place where none knows you.. He finally spotted Aman who was talking to someone. Arnav moved in that direction..

"Congratulations Man!!"

Aman turned around.

" Oh My god.. Don't tell me you are Really  Arnav??"

Arnav blinked his eyes.

" Unfortunately Yes.."

Aman and Arnav laughed, before sharing hug. Aman was so happy, as he was wishing he would not have to miss his best friend on his engagement function..

Both friends shared few talk, Aman introduced Arnav in his family, his family was supportive like Aman including Dadi though she narrowed her eyes at him when Aman said to her that Arnav is only Khushi's husband!!

Aman said slowly to Arnav.

" Those two girls and Dadi are almost chasing each other and as if waiting for each other in border.."

Arnav laughed. He could as if imagine this war among these 3.

Standing a little away, Arnav was trying to call Khushi whose phone was as usual never got answered. He was really doubting this device of her.

"So you don't stay here??"

Arnav turned around and found Dadi, he replied.

" Because of some official work I have been in Singapore for last few months!!"

Dadi added.

"Shadi Ho Gayi Hai Par Phir Bhi Aap Ki Patni Aur Unki Saheli Aaj Bhi Bachi Hi Hai!! Has she told you or lied to you too what they have done here??" 

 (Even after marriage, your wife and her friend are still childish.)

She continued. It was not a complaining tone of Dadi, it was her disappointment Arnav felt. But for now, he knew he cant play back time. 

"Khushi Mujhse Jhuth Nehi Bolti Dadi!!", Arnav replied, " And I am sorry on their behalf. They should not have done that. Khushi and Nitya are extremely sorry for this. I am sorry again Dadi, pardon them."

A person's maturity does not come then when he says sorry acknowledging his fault, rather it reflects then when he bends his head for others act trying to rectify the error. Arnav had nothing to say Apart from "Sorry" here. 

He explained taking Dadi's unpleasant question and Khushi and Nitya's actions in a compromising way. He knew not wishing to drag this bitterness further, Khushi did tell the truth!! But Dadi was some where still hurt.

Dadi just stared at him for few seconds, she was about to counter questioned him but Aman called him!! Excusing himself Arnav left from there, Arnav started helping Aman and others in arrangement.

"Aunty, Give me, I'll serve them!!", Arnav stopped Aman's mother who was hurriedly running here and there doing her chores . Though Aman's mother denied at first, later Arnav insisted her so she had to let Arnav do her work. Standing at far Dadi was noticing Arnav who was serving cold drinks among guests and looking after their needs. A friend's engagement is much more than just a function to celebrate. Dadi stood there, watching Arnav, folding her arms!!

Arnav checked his watch, he had not met his sister till now. Arnav stopped Aman who was walking by.

" Aman.. I am going to meet Di."