Part 68

"Hi.."

"Kahan thi tum Khushi??"

"The phone was silent Arnav.. Sorry!!"

"You know what, you should give divorce to your phone.."

"What??" (she burst into laugh)

"Yes, because whenever I try to contact you, you are not available. What's the need of keeping that device anymore.. It's been 3 days almost and we have not talked for a second!!"

Khushi kept silent understanding sensing seriousness in his tone. His words, his emotions and  that disturbed feeling being miles away from each other just some where foul his mind. No matter how they spend their days, their nights were restless!! It was making them feel lonely, making them miss each other more.. Khushi felt he was being too emotional and disturbed even more.. Distance makes heart grow fonder, distance also makes you feel go weak on knees when you don't see that particular face for days!!

This distance was getting rejected by his heart slowly. He wanted to run back home and took her in his embrace at least for a minute!! He wanted to feel her presence beside him, he wanted that physical distance to be diminish as it was making him go hyper not being able to talk to her for days..

"Tum thik ho na Arnav??"

He took a long pause before adding.. Finding him so disturbed she felt miserable as if she was suffering from sickness!!

"I don't know.. Just try to keep in contact Khushi.. I get tensed unless.."

He made sure he was expressed honestly. 

"Sorry!! Calm down .. It's ok.. We will talk now Arnav..."

And she accepted his expression without questioning back.

"Yeah.."

He shut his eyes tightly, remembering their happy times together!! And those moments were so strong that he felt his body relaxing..

"Say something Khushi.."

"Arnav..??"

"I just want to hear you now Khushi.. talk on any damn topic to me!!"

*******************************

"Khushi, Nitya.. Dadi has called you both to our place this evening..", Aman spoke from other end.

"But why me??"

"I really don't know Khushi.. Try to come please.."

"Sure.. I'll be there.."

Trio talked for sometime over call before hanging up. Deciding the time and place Nitya and Khushi hanged up the call.

********************

"Namaste Dadi.."

"Namaste Khushi.. Come sit."

Nitya went and touched Dadi's feet, she blessed her. Some drink were served. Nitya and Khushi gave a look at each other as found Dadi taking out something from her bag.

"Khushi.. You don't worry about money or other stuffs.. I just want your approval, if you want then I can talk to your parents.. They have nothing to worry, because groom side does not have any dowry demand as well. They are very good family, even they have no problem if you wish to continue your education and do something for your own.."

Khushi's brow raised high, she looked back at Nitya who felt sorry for creating such mess. Right then Aman reached there.. Dadi called him to her.. and then again turned to Khushi..

"Here are a few picture.. You can tell me without hesitation Khushi.. And yeah, take your own time dear."

One look at Dadi, Khushi understood clearly how serious she was!! Dadi seem genuine concern for her though they met just recently. Hearing from Nitya, Dadi also wanted to help Khushi and her family as per her knowledge..