Part 103

"Maa.. Can we  prepare Gulab Jamun today?? It's been a long time we have prepared at home.", asked Khushi to Anita sitting beside her.

Suppressing her own smile, Anita asked.

" Did Chotey demand this??"

" No.. Why?? Can't I wish to eat Gulab Jamun??"

"Ok.. When did I say no?? Go and prepare."

Khushi happily went to kitchen and started arranging everything for Gulab Jamun.

"I'm sure he will love it, today he agreed with me for shopping, this much I can do for him at least.", mumbled Khushi herself grinning ear to ear. This sugar syrup was going to be more sweeter than ever.

*********************

"Now at least have your dinner Khushi. It's really late now. Chotey must have been stuck in some work", said Anita with concern feeling sorry for Khushi.

Khushi denied her head and said adamantly.

" No. Either we will have dinner together or not!! That's it. I'll wait, let him come as late as he wants. (She mumbled herself.) I am not sparing him today, enough of his useless aloofness from me. What does he think himself?? Some majesty!!"

Anita was confused at her murmuring, " What are you saying??"

Khushi denied her head.

" Nothing Maa.. You please go and take rest. I'm here."

She squeezed Anita's hand. Anita was about to leave from there when main door got opened and Arnav walked in. His speed diminished seeing both Anita and Khushi. He was about to march towards their bedroom, Anita called him from behind.

" Chotey.. Quickly go, freshen up and come down for dinner."

Arnav stopped and turned to reply.

" I'm not hungry Maa. I just want some rest."

" At least eat something Chotey."

" I'm really not feeling like eating anything Maa.."

He left from there but not before glancing at Khushi. Why was she looking pale and so silent, he asked himself while heading towards bedroom.

Anita turned to Khushi who was staring at retreating back of Arnav, she held Khushi's hand.

" Now don't tell me you are not hungry."

Khushi faked a smile which did not reach her eyes. She did not wish Anita to be worried for them, so decided to act neutral. She sat on chair and filled her plate. But it was not easy on her part to fill her stomach when Arnav was looking so messed up!! For god sake, what's wrong with this man!! She hardly finished half of a roti, then got up to keep the plate back in washbasin. When she entered in bedroom found Arnav talking over phone by poolside. He just returned God knows from where and again on his calls. 

That made her UPSET!!

She knocked on French door drawing his attention.

" Aaj sone ka irada hai tumhara ya nehi??"(Have you planned to sleep tonight or not??)

Her voice was cold, Arnav felt that. She moved away from there not saying anything further. What's he doing??

"Let me talk to you later.."

She heard him saying this over phone but did not react. They both joined bed, laying next to each other. Khushi turned to other side, she was fed up with this distance between them. She felt as if her heart was breaking, why suddenly this unseen distance was there between her and him!! Had she done anything that made him hurt or upset?? She tried to remember when felt an arm snaking around her waist pulling her from behind and the soft of warm lips on her shoulder blade.