Part 22

It was Anita's birthday. There was a small party kept for this purpose, some close friends, some relatives and Anita's old friends have come for this occasion. Anjali was busy making guests comfortable while Karan was tasting food before guests starts having it. Aarav was busy talking to his business friends. Khushi looked around for Anjali but could not find her so she dashed out from there checking for her when noticed Karan.

She ran to him- Jiju..

Karan looked at her questioningly while raising his brow, Khushi continued- Where is Di??

Karan shuddered his shoulder- After almost 6 years of marriage, you think a wife keeps her husband up-to-date about her?? Poor husband..

Khushi narrowed her eyes, keeping her hands on her waist- You just need one chance to tease Di..

Karan laughed- Have not you heard, we tease the same person most whom we love the most..

Khushi smiled, she always adores Karan Jiju and Anjali Di's pair. They both not only look good together, but they do understand each other. More than a couple, they are best friends who love teasing each other.

Khushi looked at the plate in his hand, there were some yummy chicken tikkas. Khushi glee seeing tikkas.

Khushi- Jiju, feed me one tikka.. I'm seeing you are checking it less, but filling your tummy more.

Karan rolled his eyes and said while feeding Khushi one chicken tikka- Teri najar bhi mere khane pe hai.. Socha tha kam se kam meri behen mujhe samjhegi.. But NO.. 

Khushi- Ha ha ha.. You know what Jiju, your senti statements are not doing any effect on me. Stop being greedy and quickly give me one more.. I have a lot of work to do..

Karan was about to pop one into her mouth, Kaira reached there- Papa..

Karan commented- Aa gaya mera Devil. (Khushi glared at him..)

Karan kneeled in front of Kaira- You were too busy with your Mom Kaira?? Do you even know I have been looking around where is my one and only daughter since long??

Karan lovingly kissed kaira's cheek while Kaira asked him some questions. Karan answered her each question patiently, then Kaira asked him to feed her chicken tikka. Karan gave her a small bite, as she should not eat spicy one being so young.

Khushi just stood there staring at Karan and Kaira with dreamy eyes, how easily Karan Jiju understands Kaira, how much he loves his daughter..all these look so cute and domestic!! You will always find a different layer of personality of a man when he is around his family.

She was about to leave, Karan stopped her- Khushi, Anju ko bolna ki main bula raha hun..

Khushi nodded her head, leaving father daughter duo she left from there.

While searching for Anjali, one lady said she has gone upstairs to meet Anita. Khushi rushed out from there.

Anjali- It means we have to wait for two months to tell Chotey and Khushi about this, Mumma??"

"Tell us about what Di??", Khushi who has heard only this statement from Anjali asked her curiously.

Anjali and Anita got alarmed and shared a look, Anita- Some random things Khushi.. What else is there that you don't know.. (she tried to divert her mind saying..) Now tell me, can I go downstairs now or your surprise part is still remaining??

That helped Khushi forget about her last question. She was super happy, Anita has been actually inside the room for a long time, she has hardly any idea of this small party.