Suspicious Rebels

Rolo told us that their ship was damaged and need some repairs. He wanted to go inside the Castle to find some supplies, with Allura's permissiom of course.

But Hunk and I were in the same mindset.

Hunk stopped Rolo from advancing any further.

"Uh, I don't think so. You can just wait out here." He said.

"Hunk, don't be rude." Allura scolded.

"Yeah, mind your manners. There are ladies present." Lance added, smirking flirtatiously with Nyma.

"Allura, we don't know these people. For all we know, they could be deceiving us." I said.

"And I'm sorry if I'm on edge, but does anyone remember the last tine we let our defenses down?" Hunk said, "Someone kind of set off a bomb. Remember, Lance? You were almost killed and Phoenix almost turned into a human popsicle."

"Oh, yeah." Lance said slumping his shoulders.

"Hunk's right. Sorry, but we have to be cautious." Shiro said to Rolo.

"Hey, I don't take it personal. That's how it is out here. You've got to look out for your own. You're doing a good job, bug man." Rolo said with an understanding expression.

He turned over to Beezer as the cyber-unit printed out a list of materials needed for the ship. Pidge was admiring from a close range.

"I guess that's why Phoenix here hides her face, huh?"

I glared at the man, "Yeah."

Rolo handed the list to Hunk and Hunk went into the Castle to find the materials.

The rest of us sat around a fire as we listened to Rolo's story about his life in the past.

"My planet was destroyed by the Galra and I was taken captive. I managed to escape, but not before I lost something." He said, lifting up his left pant leg and knocking against his metal leg.

I flinched a little at the sound of clanging metal. It brought back memories of the Galra guards walking past my cell.

"I know exactly how that feels." Shiro said, clenching his robotic fist.

Just then, Hunk came out lugging a chest full of parts.

"Well, I hope there are some parts in here that'll fit." He gasped, but no one made a move, "You know, to get your ship moving?"

"Great! Thanks." Rolo said.

"So, what can you tell us about Zarkon's forces? Where are they concentrated?" Allura asked.

"Well, his command ship sits right in the center of the Empire. He mostly calls the shots from there and has his minions do the work, depending on who's closest. This is the territory of a real nasty bugger named Sendak."

"Oh, we've met." Keith said.

"How far are we from the center?" Shiro asked.

"We're way out on the fringes."

"Sorry to interrupt, but I think you guys are kind of keeping Rolo from his work." Hunk said, ready to finish getting this ship repaired, and to be honest, I was ready to get away from these guys.

Their flames don't feel trustworthy.

"I agree with Hunk." I said, "We're kind of in a hurry. A person named Shay saved Hunk, and he promised her that he woukd go back and save her and her people. You should understand."

"Sure. Sorry." Rolo said standing up and patting Hunk on the shoulder. But before he went to fix his ship, he walked over to me and looked straight into my eyes.