The Phoenix Rises

(A/n: I will be skipping the whole legend part because y'all know this already so why rewrite it all again? Thank you!)

It had been a few days since our last encounter with Lotor's crew and destroying the Teludav piece from the base.

After resting for a while, we had grown curious about the past paladins. So, Coran and Allura told us all the story of the past. How the paladins were close to each other and always held their own with each other.

The Red Paladin, King Alfor, was a serious man but also had a funny side to him. He was a great scientist as well as a great father and husband from how Coran described him.

The Black Paladin, Emperor Zarkon, was the complete opposite of how we've seen him. He was courageous, selfless and protective of his planet.

The other paladins seemed similar to our own paladins, almost exactly the same.

However, the story turned sour when a the comet formed later into the Voltron lions crashed into Daibazaal, Zarkon's home planet.

Zarkon's wife, Honerva, was the lead researcher on the comet, an Altean woman who later spent too much time around the strange comet.

Her mind had become warped and soon the same thing happened to Zarkon. It ended with the beginning of the 10,000 year war with the Galra and the destruction of Altea.

But something was strange to me. It felt like the entire story had been missing something.

"What a story." I said.

Allura looked down in sadness as she recalled her father and the past.

"Yes, but this legend shall be continued through all of us." She said, smiling slightly.

I smiled, thinking about my own father as we parted ways.

Meanwhile, far off in space, a woman stood in a large room staring at a large beast with glowing eyes.

"He's coming back." She said to the beast, "My brother is finally returning home. Then, we may finally be able to aid in the fight against Zarkon."

"Lady Fira!" A man shouted as he ran into the room.

The woman, Lady Fira, turned around quickly and faced the man.

"Alphonse, I take it there must be news about contacting my brother?" Lady Fira asked.

The man, Alphonse, nodded and they both ran out of the room.

They ran towards the communication room. Several flames were lit around the room and a single man or woman sat in front of each flame.

Ine of the men in the room turned around, stood up and gebtly bowed to the woman.

"Lady Fira, we have found the flame of your brother, but there is something strange about it." He explained.

"Jared, what do you mean? Is he hurt? What has happened to my brother?" She asked.

"Your brother's flame is different, yes, but it is stronger than any flame we have ever seen."

"Open a transmission link to my brother's location. I must speak with him."

"Right away, my Lady."

Back at the Castle of Lions, I was sitting in my room painting the last dream I had only a few hours ago.

It was a painting of the large winged lion from my dreams, only this time, Voltron was standing behind it.

It was strange, but little did I know, all of my questions would be answered in just a moment.