Chapter 1

Enjoy!

Aria Pov~

I woke up to the enticing scent of chocolate in the air. My love for chocolate is undeniable! But before I delve further into my sweet tooth, allow me to introduce myself properly. I am Aria Davis, the daughter of the previous Alpha, Jeremy, and his mate, Maria Davis. I hold the special title of being the Alpha's little sister, at the ripe age of 16, and it seems like I'm the pack's unofficial princess.

In our family, I have an older sister named Bella, who's 23 and, of course, older than both me and my older brother, Xavier. Speaking of Xavier, he currently holds the Alpha position, with his beloved Chloe by his side as our Luna. They make an incredible and endearing couple.

My best friend, Nicole, is practically a sister to me. She resides in the pack house alongside the rest of our pack members, and our bonds run deeper than mere pack affiliation; we're more like a closely-knit family.

Now, if you're curious about my appearance, I must admit I'm on the shorter side, not unusual for someone my age. I have long, wavy brown hair that gracefully falls to my waist. My petite frame is complemented by a light tan complexion, and my most striking feature would probably be my emerald green eyes. While I may not be drop-dead gorgeous, I'm often deemed pretty by the average person.

I turned to check the clock and noticed that it was already 9:30. It being summer vacation, I had a strong inkling that this summer would be nothing short of extraordinary. Filled with enthusiasm, I sprang out of bed and made my way to the ensuite bathroom. Shedding my clothes, I stepped into the welcoming stream of the shower. After refreshing myself, I wrapped a towel around my body and headed to the sink for a quick teeth-brushing session.

Stepping out of the bathroom, I ventured into my spacious walk-in closet, where I carefully selected my underwear and bra. I settled on a pair of skinny jeans and a comfortable jumper for the day. With my hair artfully tied up in a messy bun and a touch of mascara and lip gloss applied, I considered myself ready to face the day.

I descended the stairs with a light jog, eager to follow the tantalizing scent of chocolate. Along the way, I exchanged greetings with various pack members who stopped to say hello. The alluring aroma led me straight to the dining room.

The dining room was a grand hall, spacious enough to accommodate all our pack members, with multiple tables spread throughout. Upon opening the door, I was immediately greeted by the boisterous chatter and laughter of our pack members. Navigating through the lively atmosphere, I made my way to our designated table.

This table was reserved for the Alpha and Luna, their closest friends, our Alpha's parents and immediate family, the Beta and their family, and the head enforcer. "Good morning," my mom chirped as I approached. "Good morning," I replied, offering a warm smile to everyone seated at the table. I settled into my usual spot between Nick and Damion, preparing for breakfast to be served.

Damion couldn't resist a teasing jab, calling out, "Hey, shorty!" knowing well that I disliked that nickname. In response, I greeted him with a deadpan tone and an unamused glare, saying, "Hi, Damion."

"Hey, don't you think it's too early to be giving him the death glare?" Nick chimed in with a chuckle beside me. I responded with a theatrical eye roll, allowing me to introduce you to my protectors, affectionately known as idiot number one and idiot number two—Nick and Damion.

My brother recognized the need for extra protection for both my sister and me. With his newfound responsibilities as Alpha, along with his own mate to look after and the entire pack to protect, he couldn't always be by our side. So, he entrusted Nick and Damion, his two closest friends, with the task. Nick held the position of second-in-command Enforcer, while Damion served as the Head of Warriors. To say that they were strong and muscular would be an understatement.