Chapter 7

Xavier Pov~

After breakfast, I excused myself and went to look for my mom. "Where are you?" I mind-linked her. "I'm in my room." She said. I made my way towards her room. I can't believe she reacted that way towards Aria and Blake.

I don't know what has gotten in to her. She use to be so calm, and stress free. She hated chaos and confrontation. Now a days, she seems to be the only one causing it. I opened my parents bedroom door, to find my mom sitting on the chair by the window. She was just staring out the window, not looking at anything in particular.

She looked more zoned out. I cleared my throat and that seemed to snap her out of her daze and look up at me. I sat next to her, in silence. We stayed that way about 10 minutes looking out the window, the view of the grand forest and mountains, on our vast land.

She finally broke the silence "Why did this happen to happen to my babygirl? She doesn't deserve this. She is to young for a mate. She is probably forced to love Blake. The fact that he marked her, only makes it harder for her to leave and find her own love."

"Mom are you crazy!! If you would open your eyes and uncloud that head of yours you would see that Aria and Blake are true mates. You should have seen them at breakfast, every time they looked at each other all you saw was love in their eyes. The way they act towards eachother, the hand holding, the kisses, you could see the love by their actions, and whenever your around them you can sense the love in the air. No one forced Aria to love Blake, because she has openly embraced and loved him. Aria is a strong girl. The moon goddess obviously chose her for a reason. I know that she is your little girl and as her mother, your instinct is to protect her from any harm, and trust me being her older brother and Alpha I feel it too. But mom, you have to realize Blake is not harmful, your little girl is not in any harm. And if you dont stop pushing Aria away by insulting her mate. She will get tired and actually leave you." I yell.

I get up and walk out the door. Hopefully that knocks some sense into her.

Aria Pov~

After breakfast Blake had to go train the young wolves. So I was all alone. I was about to go find Nicole, but then I realized she is not talking to me. I had nothing to do, so I decided to go help Chloe in the kitchen. I walked into our grand kitchen. Feeding a pack of 25,000 is a lot.

That's why Chloe is always helping in the kitchen staff, they can always use extra help. "Hey Aria can I help you?" Betty asked. Betty is the oldest baker here. She is 62 but look like 45 thanks to our amazing werewolf genes. She is the closest to Alpha family. My grandma and her were best friends even though my grandma was the luna and Betty was a mere worker. Like I said we are like one big family.

"No thanks Aunt Betty. I came here to help." I smiled at her. "Oh ok hunny. How about you help Chloe over there mix the cake batters." Yes I love cake! I nodded and walked to the other side and found Chloe mixing away. So I grabbed a bowl and started mixing too. "Hey Aria. How's it going?" Chloe ask smiling. "Good. I just decided to help."I say back smiling.

"Uh huh. And this has nothing to do with Blake not being around." She says smirking at me while puting the mix in the pan. When she says Blakes name my smile drooped, I miss him so much. "Are you ok?" She asks concern written all over her face. "Yea, I just miss Blake. Is that normal? Are you supposed to miss your mate that much, it almost hurts?" I say fully sad now. I had stopped mixing the batter awhile now. Her face breaks out into a smile. What? Why is she smiling?

"Oh Aria all that you are feeling is totally normal. That's how you know Blake is your true mate, plus being newly mated it will hurt to be away from him, and it hurts him as much as it hurts you. Eventually over time it gets better. It still hurts to be away but not as much." Wow. There is still a lot I need to learn about mates.