Chapter 28

Continuation......

Aria Pov~

It is currently 5:55 and I am about to tell Blake I am not feeling well. You know before I thought I would be able to do this, but right now I am feeling not so confident. I take a deep breathe and mind link Blake.

"Hey Blake, I am not feeling so well, I think I am going to head over to the pack nurse just to make sure everything is okay." I manage to say without stuttering. My heart is beating out of my chest. I have to control myself or else he will feel my nervousness through the mate bond.

"Are you okay? Do you need me to come with you." He says his voice full of concern.

"No! I mean you can't, you have your last session with the Elder's and it's really important. Don't worry about me, I will be fine." I say quickly.

"Are you sure?" He says.

"Yes, I am sure. Don't worry. I love you." I say.

"I love you too, and please get better." He says.

My heart drops with all these lies, but I have to do this. "I will." I reply softly and then cut the connection.

I take a deep breathe, trying to calm myself. Then I grab the bag that I packed full of Nicole and I's clothes. I quickly exit the room and peek down every hall to make sure no one was there. I finally make it to the east wing and I walk through the backdoor. I look around and saw Nicole. She was waving me over towards the gardens.

"Hello Alpha Aria, Nicole, what are you both up to today?" A servants asks us as she was passing through.

"Umm....just some gardening. Some bonding time." Nicole says, while I nod.

"Oh okay, it's so good to see best friends together. You two enjoy now." She says smiling and then walks away.

I sigh, "Okay you ready" Nicole asks.

"I don't know if I should do this, I feel really bad lying to Blake." I sulkily say.

"Hun, you came to me and said that you need to do this. The only reason you are feeling this way is because he is your mate and you don't want to hurt him. I'm not saying to do it, but I'm not against it. It's up to you?" Nicole says firmly.

"Okay, let's do this." I say nodding.

She smiles and says "Lead the way."

We both walk around to the front where the SUV's are parked. Paul was standing in front one of our many SUV's. We walk over and he looks down at us.

"Alpha. How can I help you today?" Paul asks politely.

"Hello Paul. I need you to take us to the library in town." I reply.

"Okay, what's in the bag?" He asks curiously.

".......overdue books." I say slowly.

He gives me a look as if he doesn't believe me.

"Do I need to check in with Blake or Xavier before I take you out?" He asks me, more like threatens me, which ticks me off.

"I am your Alpha and I am ordering you to take me to the library. You do not have to go to my brother or mate for every little thing that I do, plus if you go to them and when they do tell you that I am not lying, they will be furious that you undermined my authority." I semi yelled in his face.

"And you don't want to see them angry." I whisper the last part, and step back.

"Now will you please take us to the library." I say nicely.