Chapter 4

6,000 reads!!!! This story is growing! Thank you guys so much!

Now onto the Story!~

While Aria and Blake were talking everyone else went to the dining room for breakfast

Xavier Pov~

"Wow! I can't believe Blake's mate is Aria. My little sister has a mate. Even my wolf is a little frazzled," Xavier thought to himself, his protective instincts kicking in. He couldn't help but feel the urge to protect Aria because she was his baby sister. However, he knew he had to be strong and show the others that it was okay for them to be together. There were so many questions to ask the Elders, and he needed to make a decision about whether to tell the pack.

Xavier turned his head toward Matthew, who was busy stuffing his face with bacon, and said, "Matt, as soon as breakfast is done, I need you to make the call to the Elders." It was time to seek guidance and make some important decisions for their pack.

"Yes, Alpha," Matthew replied before returning his attention to his breakfast.

Anabelle, Blake's mom, broke the silence, asking, "So are we going to sit and pretend like nothing just happened?"

I sighed and responded, "There's nothing else we can do until the Elders come. They're going to have to hide their relationship until we receive further instructions. That means no one speaks about this to anyone." The gravity of the situation was clear, and everyone at the table nodded in understanding, continuing to eat in silence.

Chloe turned to me, her expression filled with sadness, and voiced her concerns. "I feel bad. When someone meets their mate in this pack, we always have a huge celebration for them. Blake and Aria won't get one because of the age difference and this crazy prophecy that we have no idea about." Chloe had always looked at Aria like a little sister, and her heart went out to her.

"They will get one eventually, just not now. I don't know how the pack and the other packs might take it. This is for their safety. I also feel sad that we don't get to celebrate my best friend and little sister finding each other, but soon we will celebrate," I reassured Chloe, expressing my understanding and support. I kissed her hand tenderly to emphasize my affection.

Just then, Aria entered the room with Blake trailing behind her, and they both took their seats at the table. We all found ourselves simply staring at them, the atmosphere heavy with unspoken emotions.

"I am starving!" Aria exclaimed suddenly, breaking the tension in the air. She wasted no time and dug into her food, with Blake following suit. Her childlike enthusiasm brought a smile to my face, and for a moment, it seemed like maybe everything would turn out just fine.

Aria Pov~

Before they went downstairs to eat.

"Aria, as much as I hate to say this, we have to hide this relationship. At least until the Elders get here and tell us what we can and can't do," Blake said, his grip firm on my hand.

Looking into his eyes, I could see the disappointment and sadness within him, and it broke my heart to witness his distress.

"I kinda figured that would happen. But I don't know if I can stay away from you for long," I admitted honestly. My body felt different, as if my mind and body had undergone a complete transformation upon finding my mate. It was a strange sensation.

He chuckled and responded, "Oh, little one, for me being the male, it's ten times worse. I won't be able to be apart from you. But we'll have to act like we normally do."

"To the pack, you still haven't found your mate. There are going to be she-wolves all over you!" I retorted with a slight growl, which surprised me a bit.