19: He Was My Safe Sky, But Also My Ruthless Galaxy

#IYAALM19: He Was My Safe Sky, But Also My Ruthless Galaxy

If you are anything like me,
Who thought you have someone to call your umbrella and safe sky,
Darling, be cautious,
For they could also be your rain and ruthless galaxy at the same time.

ILANG ulit akong tumawag kay Killian pero walang sumagot. Georgina and Deus were getting worried, they wanted me to go to him, but I couldn't, hindi pwede.

Wala ako kahapon, tapos tatakas na naman ako ngayon? That wasn't good. When we went back to work, I secretly checked for Killian's messages, but got nothing.

I also searched for the news. The fire was huge. There were some casualties. Reading it made my heart hurt and nervous.

I knew Killian would go there, Carol was important to him. I was getting worried. For him and for Carol. Kahit naman hindi maganda ang samahan namin ni Carol, gusto ko pa ring maayos ang lagay n'ya.

When I refreshed the social media again, I found a newly released article. Halos mapamura ako sa isipan ko ng makita 'yun. Carol was trapped inside her office because of the fire. She was in danger of not surviving, but according to it, someone risked his life to get Carol out of there. And it wasn't a fireman...

It was Killian.

Fuck.

It was Killian. Or the article named him, Joaquin Killian Torrez, the fiancé of Carollyne Kaye Ruizze.

My throat and eyes stung, there was a hurtful grip in my heart. I tried not to mind it. I tried to read more.

Killian saved Carol from the fire, pero muntik na ring mapahamak ang buhay n'ya. Dinala sila parehas sa hospital samantalang kitang-kita sa pictures na walang malay at malala ang lagay ni Carol.

Hindi ko alam ang kailangan kong maramdaman nang pagkakataong 'yun. I wanted to be happy that Carol was safe, that Killian saved her and he was also safe. But what was the misleading article about their relationship?

News and media, made different reactions. They were mostly devastated about what happened. Lalo na kay Carol. She was hurt badly. She almost didn't survive. She was critical. And Killian was still unconscious after saving her. My heart sunk.

Damn, why did it happen? We were all getting better, we were all doing okay... but why?

"Zia..." Napalingon ako kay Georgina nang tawagin ako nito at maglagay ng tubig sa lamesa ko. I smiled sadly.

"Thank you," I told her, she looked hesitant, maybe she also read the articles about Killian and Carol.

Some news even did a back story, that they were really engaged because they had been seen together in several events and restaurants. And even Killian's mother made a statement about it confirming their relationship.

I shut my eyes tightly. I wanted to curse. I wanted to clear my head. Pero mas inuna ko na lang isipin ang kaligtasan ni Killian at Carol. That was the most important thing right now. Other things could be discussed and cleared later.

"Do you want me to drop you off at the hospital?" tanong ni Georgina sa akin nang maglabasan kami at natataranta ako at nagmamadali para makapunta sa ospital kaya naman tumango ako sa kanya sa sinabi n'ya.

We hurriedly went to her car, and she drove me there. Mabuti na lang mabilis lang 'yun kasi hindi na talaga ako mapakali sa pag-aalala. I only hoped for the two of them to be okay. I wished nothing more. That was the only thing inside my head. I wanted them fine and away from danger.