Chapter 2

"Come on Becky, one more drink won't hurt you. We've both got to go to work tomorrow, it's still early. Pleaseeeee?"

"Fine, just one more though and then I really do need to head home".

Chelsea smiled at her friend, her chocolate brown eyes glistening against the faint sunlight coming through to the bar where they were sat. "See, I can be very persuasive" she said as she turned and walked towards the bar.

"Two Porn Star Martinis please" The bar man nods towards Chelsea in recognition of her order.

As she stood waiting, flicking her long brown hair back over her shoulder trying to catch an eye of one of the group of guys stood beside her attempting to watch the football that was being shown at the bar. She never was the best at flirting and throwing a group of guys watching football into the mix was even harder.

"Two porn star martinis for the lady" She turns around to pay with her card, half smiling at the bar man who most could probably tell that Chelsea was not his type at all. After paying she takes her drinks and thanks him once more before turning back towards Becky who was sat at the table blissfully unaware of what was going on as she was lost in her phone.

"You do realise he is gay, don't you?" Becky speaks without looking up from her phone, pushing her ginger hair back behind her ear as she accepts the porn star martini from Chelsea.

"What?"

"The man behind the bar. I saw you trying to flirt with him, but you're barking up the wrong tree there babe" Finally putting her phone down, she meets Chelsea's brown eyes and picks up her drink.

"I didn't realise you had taken any notice, you looked deeply entertained by whatever was on your phone" Chelsea replies with a mock attitude.

"Sorry babe, just flicking through insta. Noticed that Tom is back with Natalie. Couples like that make me sick. Constantly splitting up but always make a big deal about 'anniversaries'" Using her fingers as quotation marks just to add that extra sarcasm, Becky rolls her eyes and takes another sip from her glass.

"Oh, tell me about it" Chelsea replies "They've been split up much more than they have been together, yet still celebrate an anniversary like the time they are not together actually never existed. Pathetic" Chelsea's turn to roll her eyes.

"So, speaking of relationships..." Becky allows the question to hang in the air.

"Oh, let's not even go there" Chelsea takes another drink before continuing. "It's been that long babe, I'm pretty sure it's dried up down there and stitched itself up" She looks down between her legs.

Becky almost spits out the mouthful of alcohol in her mouth in laughter "That bad?"

Chelsea nods and rolls her eyes. "How about you? Have you heard from Stephen lately?"

Becky responds with a shake of the head "Not for a few weeks now, he has clearly had enough of using me when he feels a bit horny. Must have got himself a new woman".

"And you're okay with that?"

She nods slowly "Not much I can do about it, I'm not going to chase him but if he thinks he can drop me a text next time he's feeling like he wants some, he won't be getting a response from me. I deserve better than that".

Chelsea nods in agreement as she reaches down and pulls her phone from her handbag. "Quick selfie for the gram?" Becky smiles and is grateful the conversation about her ex didn't drag on.

"Smile!" Chelsea says loudly as she positions her phone above her head and across the table to get them both in the shot.

Becky holds up her glass and drops her head to her shoulder, smiling.