Chapter 11

Chelsea - Saturday Morning

It's 7am and crowds are already beginning to form outside the shop. Her heart begins to pound as the realisation starts to hit her that she'll be meeting the man of her dreams in a few hours time.

"How am I going to introduce myself, Becks? Hi, I'm Chelsea. The loser who asked you for a drink afterwards? How bloody awkward have I just made this?"

Becky yawns dramatically down the other end of the phone. "For starters, you do realise you have just woken me up at 7 on a Saturday morning, don't you?!"

"Yeah, I know but it's fine because you said you needed to be up early to travel to your old uni town today."

"When I said early, I mean around 9. Not this early. Let's make this quick so I can attempt to go back to sleep."

"Sorry." Chelsea replies as she waves towards Brad who is opening the electronic metal shutters to the shop.

"You'll be fine. I'm sure he'll just be as nervous as you. Admittedly, it is a little strange what you've done but it's too late to backtrack now. Just be confident, don't even mention the drink until he is ready to leave. Just make him aware that you haven't forgotten and then the ball is back in his court." Another yawn down the phone, not as dramatic this time.

"Yeah, you're right. Thanks Becks, and sorry again for waking you up so early. Hope you can get back to sleep."

"Me too. Now get to work. Text me later and let me know if he turned up. Good luck."

"Will do. Sweet dreams. Love you."

"Love you too, Chels and sorry for being grumpy."

The phone cuts off and she slips it into her back pocket as Brad turns around greeting her.

"Looks like we'll be busy today." Brad looks down the queue of predominately female customers. "I wonder how long they've been here for?"

Chelsea shakes her head. "I thought I was his biggest fan-girl but I would never camp out like that."

"No, of course not." Brad smirks and rolls his eyes. "You just cut to the chase and ask them out for a drink."

"I know." The realisation kicks in that she hasn't spoken to Brad about the drink with Noah this afternoon. "How do you know about that?" She asks.

Brad chuckles as they reach the backroom readying themselves to roll the clothing rails out on to the shop floor.

"You can't hide on social media, Chelsea. You should know that by now."

"I'm still confused. I've only told my friend about this." Her eyes still searching him for an explanation as she takes the other end of the rail.

"I was curious to who this Noah was. So found him on Instagram and followed him. No doubt I'll unfollow him after today but I was just being nosey. To see what the big deal was."

"Right. But that still doesn't answer my question."

"He posted last night?"

"Yeah, that topless shot with the coffee." Chelsea responds.

"For starters, why does he need to be topless to try and sell some cheap coffee?"

Chelsea shrugs her shoulders begin to become impatient.

Is Brad stalking her?

"And you commented, Chelsea. Your comment came up at the top as we are friends on there."