Chapter 28

Noah

I attempt to rattle myself free from the handcuffs around my wrists which were bounded tightly to the wooden chair I was tied to. My vision cut off from the black bag around my head, my cries of help muffled by the duct tape stuck tightly against my mouth.

"What the fuck was going on?"

I hear a voice within close range but can't quite gauge which direction it's coming from. "Oh it looks as if he's finally woken up."

A male voice. But who? I don't recognise it.

I hear the footsteps moving towards me against the concrete floor beneath, it was cold too. The sound of the footsteps echoed slightly. Not that any of this new information to me was relevant or helped me figure out where I was or what the fuck was going on.

My stomach was now being prodded by something hard. I'm guessing it was the same object that knocked me out. I attempted to kick out but my legs were tied just as tightly as my arms. My words still muffled. It was pointless trying to fight.

"Welcome Noah. Nice of you to finally join us."

Us?

"Someone had a nice long sleep, are you feeling refreshed now?" His laugh echoed against the hollow surroundings. "Don't worry, we're not in any rush so feel free to make yourself comfortable."

I attempted to rock myself free, as pointless as it was, I had to try something. The legs of the chair I was sat on began to rock. Which was soon steadied by the wooden object being poked against my ribs.

"No point fighting it boy, you're not going anywhere. We're just waiting on your little girlfriend finding out where you are and if she does show up to try and save your cheating ass, that's when the show will really begin. BUT..."

Chelsea? What do they want her for?

"And it's a really big but given what you've done to her. If she doesn't turn up then you're not going to survive."

I resisted the urge to fight against the chair once more. Panic was beginning to set in but I couldn't show fear or I really was fucked.

"That's right. If she doesn't come to save you, then you'll die a very, very slow death. So let's hope for your sake she cares enough to come and save you."

After what I had done to her I can't imagine Chelsea would be in any rush to come to my rescue but why did they want her here and who is this man? I try so desperately to see if I can place his voice but the more he speaks the less recognisable his voice is to me.

"Do you like your knee caps, Noah?"

His words cause more panic in my body, my heart is pounding, sweat is dripping from every pore in my body, breathing is difficult with my head being covered, struggling to swallow what saliva I had in my mouth. My head started to pound intently. The panic had set in even more and I could feel myself losing consciousness.

"Noah?" "Are you okay under there?"

His words became muffled as my eyes rolled, my head fell to the side as I drifted away slowly.

***