Chapter 13

Noah

"Jesus, Alice. Have you seen the queue?" I grab hold of her arm and pull her close.

"I have. And they are all here for you, Noah. I must admit. I wasn't expecting this many people to show. Maybe 1 or 2 at most." She shot me a wry smile.

"Bitch!" I pinch her arm as I release. "Right, time to shine." I take a deep breath in and close my eyes. Composing myself.

"Oh my God, there he is!!!"

I'm greeted by a loud screech from the majority of the girls in the queue. I return their loud squeals with a small smile and an awkward wave. "Hi everyone. Thanks for coming. I'll see you inside."

I head into the shop, my heart beating even faster now, knowing who's inside, waiting.

I move my body in between Alice and an on rushing girl from the crowd outside the shop, fortunately the huge security guard managed to catch her in time, pulling her up from her feet.

Alice looks up towards me and smiles "Thank you."

"No problem." I'm not sure whether it was being caught in the moment and just human instinct to intervene or whether my heart told me to protect her. Either way, the girl didn't get close.

I turn and thank the security guard who just nods in acknowledgement as I watch the girl being escorted out of the shopping centre by two other security guests.

The shop appears to be empty until a couple come in to view around the Nike tracksuits. I look to my right to see I have been set up with a table and chair for the meet and greets. Nice.

But before any of that, I need to get changed into the brand. But I can't seem to find anyone who works here.

Where's Chelsea?

She still hasn't replied to my text from earlier. I'm really starting to think she's pulled out now.

"Noah?" A Male voice appears from my left. A tall, skinny man now walking towards me with his right hand held out. I shake my head and meet his palm halfway.

"Hi, Noah. I'm Brad. I manage the store. It's a pleasure to meet you. Thank you so much for agreeing to do this today. You're really helping us out."

Still shaking my hand as he trails off, I subconsciously pull my hand away slowly. "No problem, Brad. Thanks for having me. This is Alice, my photographer."

"Hi Alice."

"Hi, can I just set up anywhere?" She asks as pulls her bag from her shoulder and begins pulling her camera out.

"Absolutely. Feel free to get a feel for the best spots in the store."

I feel a nudge from Alice and she smiles and nods along with Brad's instructions. I look up to see her walking in my direction. Her long brown hair flowing behind her. I'm stood in awe of this beauty slowly making her way towards me. Her photos do not do her justice. The filters she uses are not needed.

I smile as she reaches me "You must be Chelsea?" I hold my arm out allowing her to come closer for a hug and a welcoming kiss on the cheek.

Her chocolate brown eyes lighting a fire in my stomach. Then I realise that I shouldn't know her name. And quickly back track.

"My manager told me you'd be here to meet me. Sorry, Brad she didn't mention your name."

He throws me a hand. "No, of course. Don't worry about it. No biggie."

Chelsea stands with her hands in front of her, I can tell she feels awkward. I need to make her comfortable ASAP.

Luckily Alice read the situation well. "Brad, could you show me around and help me pick out the best spots to shoot please?"