Chapter 32

Noah

Statements had been taken off of all three of us. We were released without charge pending further investigation in to what had taken place.

A few days had passed, all three of us had remained in touch but Alice had yet to tell us exactly what had brought this to a head.

We all arranged to meet at my apartment this evening, Chelsea and I had been waiting for what seemed like an eternity for Alice to show.

Finally there was a knock at the door, which in itself was odd as Alice would normally buzz up from the entrance.

I opened the door to find yet another police officer stood in front of me.

"Noah?"

"Yeah, how can I help?"

"Can I please come in for a minute?"

The concern on my face was evident as I stepped aside and looked back towards Chelsea who looked just as concerned. Was this it? Had Alice thrown us under the bus?

"Sir, madam. Please take a seat."

We both sit in silence as the policeman sits opposite us on the one seater sofa.

"I'm afraid Alice's body was found this afternoon in her flat. She had taken her own life and was pronounced dead at the scene."

"What? What do you mean? She was meant to be meeting us tonight?" My heart had all but dropped out of my body.

"I'm sorry, sir. She had left two notes, one being the suicide note in which she took full responsibility for the murder of Becky Lynch, so if this turns out to be the truth, you are both cleared of any wrong doing the other night."

"Why did she leave two notes?" Chelsea asked.

"This one was addressed to you both. For obvious reasons we have opened and read the contents but feel there is no need to keep it as evidence." He hands me the letter, the envelope ripped open.

"Thank you." I take the envelope from him as he stands up and heads towards the door.

"I'm sorry for your loss and we will be in touch once the investigation is concluded. So don't think about leaving the country or going anywhere until this case is closed."

I nod my head in acknowledgement. "Thank you, officer. Have a good night."

And with that he closed the door behind him, leaving us both shocked with so many unanswered questions.

"Shall we read it?" Chelsea spoke softly as she took the envelope from my hand.

"I can't believe she's gone." I moved my head between my legs, bringing my hands up through my hair. Despair running through my entire body as Chelsea began to read the letter out loud.

***

Noah and Chelsea,

First off let me start by apologising for everything I have put you through over the last week. Neither of you deserved to be treated that way but please believe me when I say, it wasn't my fault.

I was being blackmailed by Becky, she had photos of me with another guy we work with in circumstances I'd rather not write down but I'm sure you can guess. She was also threatening to kill my father who as you are aware is dying of dementia and I couldn't allow anything more to happen to him.

The photo of you and I, Noah was her idea. I had to seduce you in order to get that photo and there was no other way I could have got you to agree to a photo like that. I was told to post and delete once Becky had taken the screenshot which would make me look even more guilty by deleting it, further incriminating you by looking like you had told me to remove it. It was stupid of me and Chelsea, please once again let me apologise for the hurt it caused you.

Noah - The photograph of you taken at Daniel's funeral was also set up and sold to the media by Becky. She had Tony gather amongst the crowd and capture a shot of you looking like you were there to grow your reputation. She knew you hadn't met him so wouldn't have noticed him in the crowd. She received a lot of money for those pictures which her and Tony split.

I found out this morning that my father has only a week left to live and with everything that has happened, I can't go through watching my dad pass away. He won't know I've gone and knowing that Becky is now out of the picture and can't cause him any harm, I want him to pass peacefully.

I wish you both all the best for the future and really hope you can put my wrong doings aside and build a happy life together. You two are made for each other.

Noah, I love you and always will but it's time for me to say goodbye.

See you on the other side.
Alice x

***