Chapter 29

Chelsea

The evening was drawing to a close as she polished off her second bottle of wine in as many hours. Curled up on the sofa, snuggled up to the blanket she held up to her neck. The day had been a long one, mentally exhausting. She hadn't heard from Noah since he left earlier on in the afternoon.

She had spoken to Becky earlier in the evening during the first bottle of wine who had reassured her that she had done the right thing in confronting Noah with what he had done.

"It was just lucky I managed to catch her post before she deleted or he'd still be getting away with it."

She knew her friend was right but part of her wishes she hadn't seen it, that his cheating hadn't come to light. She began questioning whether he had actually cheated at all? They'd only been on a few dates, they weren't official, they had yet to have the talk about not seeing anyone else. So who was she to jump down his throat like she had? Was she in the wrong?

But on the other hand, maybe it was a good thing for this to come out now. Before she had invested too much time and a part of her life only for him to cheat on her further into their relationship when the feelings were real. She didn't buy his whole falling in love with her bullshit. She knew that was just him trying to worm his way out of this awkward situation.

All being said and done, she did like him and decided that she would give him another chance but she wasn't prepared to make it easy for him, he would have to work hard in order to build up her trust in him once more. She'd make him sweat for a little bit longer yet, she wanted to see him fight for her before she'd allow him back in completely.

   ~~~

It was now 10pm as she stepped out of the bathroom, wrapped up in her big fluffy white towel, her hair soaking wet as she attempted to dry it with a second smaller towel as she walked over and sat down on the edge of her bed.

The drink was well and truly in her system, she was drunk but far from paralytic. Her actions a little slower than usual but mixing alcohol with mental exhaustion causing her body to fall flat down on to the bed. Sleep was finding her fast still wrapped in the towel and her body moist.

Just as she drifted off, she was woken by a simple 'ding' of her phone. Opening her bleary eyes and feeling towards her bedside cabinet with one arm, she gripped hold of her phone and lifted it above her face.

'1 new message'

She opened the message to find a photo of a familiar face. Using her free hand to pinch between her eyes and to attempt to clear the tiredness within her orbs, she blinked hard before opening them again. This time the photo was clearer and the familiar face was in a very unfamiliar location and looked fast asleep or unconscious, blood on his face from what looks like a blow to the side of his head, his arms bound tightly behind him and his mouth covered with silver tape.

"Noah?"

She rubbed her eyes once more and realised that the number the picture was sent from wasn't a number she had saved.

"What the fuck?"

She began typing a message back but as she was composing the text, she was interrupted by a vibration and another message from the sender.

'If you want to see lover boy again, you better get yourself here within the next hour'

Her heart pounded, anxiety took hold as she was frozen to the spot, unable to breathe.

Another message. This time a map, a live location clearly marked on the map.

Another message. 'Time is ticking. And don't even think about contacting the police. You arrive alone. If any police turn up with you, lover boy will die'

"Oh fuck." She mumbled to herself as she threw her phone down on the bed and jumped up, grabbing the nearest outfit she could.

She ran to the kitchen to grab her keys before making her way to the door. As she turned to lock the door her phone dinged once more.

'Tick, tock, tick, tock'

***