Chapter 3

Hi Noah,

Just received a call from the television production company and the short documentary you filmed a couple of months back will be on air this Wednesday!

Just so you're aware, you've only been given a ten minute block, so you better hope they've edited you in a good light haha!

In other news, I'm in talks with a store in the local shopping centre and they would like you to make a special guest appearance and promote the new brand they are stocking. Should only last a couple of hours. Paying very well, so I'll pencil you in for Saturday, until I receive your acceptance.

Speak soon,
Emma

10 minutes? I suppose it's better than nothing! I close the lid to my laptop. I'll reply to Emma's email in a little while. I need a shower first.

Emma is my second agent since I've become 'insta famous' she's lovely, so attentive and managing to find me some really good jobs with very handsome pay cheques. She was much better than my previous agent. He was just after the biggest cut he could, sometimes even agreeing to contracts for me and splitting them 50/50 without my consent. I was too young back then to understand what was right and what was wrong. I was impressionable and was blinded by the potential and the path I was taking was moving me so far upward in such a short space of time, I couldn't see what was going on around me.

Emma has been a lifesaver. She takes 20% commission on all bookings through her and the clients are becoming bigger and propelling me higher than I ever thought possible.

I finally build the courage to get myself out of bed, reaching across to the armchair next to my bed which was meant as an 'ornament' to make the room look and feel more 'grown up' according to my interior designer but I use it to throw my clothes on. Don't we all have that one place in our bedrooms where clothes just go if you plan on just throwing them back on for comfort? I reach for my boxers. Because sleeping naked is the only way to sleep right? and throw them on quickly, the temperature seems to have dropped drastically overnight, so reach for my sweat pants too and the white vest that's crumpled underneath.

I walk over to the bathroom to brush my teeth, looking in the mirror "Damn, these eye bags need to go away soon!" I mumble to myself through my toothbrush.

As I'm stood waiting for my morning coffee to brew, I open up Instagram on my phone. Raising my eyebrows as my DM's have blown up much more than usual. "87 messages. Jesus Christ!" I rub my eyes and scroll through my feed, ignoring the messages. Randomly liking photos as I go.

Coffee poured, I walk over to the couch and throw myself down, almost spilling the coffee all over me. "Dickhead" I mumble to myself. The thought of all those messages really bothering me, knowing I need to go through them to see if there are any work related ones. Would hate to miss out on a potential pay cheque just because of the thirsty girls sitting in there.

But before doing that a quick snap of my coffee sat on the table in front of me for my story. "Needed this morning! Hope you all had a good weekend" and posted. Do people really care? Most people are drinking coffee right now, so they let everybody know? Actually, yeah they do. I snigger at my own thoughts before going back to my DMs. Here we go.

Scrolling slowly through the messages looking for any that could be work related but nothing is popping out at me. I stop scrolling instantly when something catches my eye.