Chapter 24

Chelsea

"Becky, call me back when you get this message please. It's urgent. I'm so angry, right now and just need a friend."

Chelsea paced up and down the stock room floor, knowing that she didn't have long before Brad would come looking for her. But she was in no mood to work. Especially after seeing what she had just seen.

Her mind was running at a thousand miles per hour. If she carried on pacing in the ferocity she was, she'd soon run the soles of her shoes out completely.

5 minutes and still no word from Becky. She pulled her phone back out of her pocket and loaded up the image once more, her stomach dropping lower than before at the realisation of what she had seen wasn't her mind playing tricks on her, it was an image that would now be etched into her brain for the foreseeable future.

Her mind was so preoccupied that she hadn't noticed that the photo had now disappeared and was replaced by Becky's name on the screen.

"Becky, thank god! Where did you get that photo from?" She held her breath as she waited for the answer. "Becky?"

"Hello? Chelsea? You're breaking up, I can't hear you properly."

"Becky? Can you hear me now?" Becky moves around the store room, in hope for better reception. This was never the best place to find reception and it was just her luck when she heard the line go dead. Glancing at her phone, she noticed her service had complete my disappeared.

"Fuck!" She yelled as the door swung open.

"Ah, there you are. Chelsea I need you on the till, it's getting busy out there."

Chelsea rolled her eyes and forced her phone back into her pocket. "Fine. I'm coming."

"Everything okay?" Brad asked as she stormed past him, holding the doors open for her.

"Do I look it?"

"Sorry I asked." He mumbled as she continued her forceful footsteps back towards the till.

                                       ***

What's got Chelsea in such a state?