Chapter 9

Becky

"Nice to finally hear from you. Lover boy finally put you down has he?"

"Only just." Becky replies with a smile. "What did you want anyway?"

"Well, seeing as you've asked...Noah followed me back and has messaged me...twice!" Chelsea clearly unable to hide her excitement.

"Oh. Wow! When's the wedding?"

Becky could tell that Chelsea had rolled her eyes at the sarcasm in her voice. "Very funny, Becks. I'm just excited is all."

"I can tell."

The call wasn't going as planned. Becky didn't seem interested at all.

"Listen, I need to get to work. I don't think another sick day would go down to well with the boss."

"Okay. Speak to you soon."

Becky hung up. She couldn't bare listening to her friend any longer go on about her imaginary boyfriend.

"Morning Becky."

Becky turned around at the sound of her name being mentioned.

"Feeling better today? I just heard you were off yesterday."

"Morning Alice. Yeah just a dodgy stomach. How's your Dad? I saw you have to rush off on Monday."

"Not great but I can't spend too long off of work. Me being around isn't going to change anything."

Becky shrugged her shoulders in some sort of acknowledgement. Unsure of what to say.

"I better get up to the office. Meeting first thing. I'll see you, yeah?"

Becky smiled "Actually Alice, would it be possible to catch up later. I have something to ask you....for a friend." Becky knew she had been off with Chelsea so thought she would do her a favour by finding out a bit more about Alice's friendship with this famous Noah.

"Sure, just drop me an email and I'll come
and find you when I have a spare 10 minutes. Sound okay?"

"Sounds great. Have a good morning, Alice."

Becky watched as Alice smiled and walked away towards her desk without a reply.

~~~

"Noah? Yeah, I know him why? You're not one of his fangirls are you?"

Becky laughed and couldn't think of being anything but. "No, no. My friend loves him and she showed me a picture of you and him at the weekend and I just mentioned that I knew you."

"Oh, fair enough."

They both stood in silence, Becky unable to think of anything to ask that would help Chelsea but before she could think of something, Alice leant in close and whispered.

"I actually had drunken sex with him on Monday night." She lifted her finger up to her mouth insisting that this was to stay between the two of them.

"Oh, right." Becky replied, still unable to find anything of relevance to say. "So are you two, you know..."

Alice looked blank waiting for Becky to continue.

"Friends with benefits?" Becky continued.

"Oh, no. Not at all!" Alice answered as a matter of fact. "I was drunk and crawled into his bed. And it just happened. I think with everything that's going on at the moment, I just needed a distraction. It won't be happening again!"