(1)

Love is friendship caught of fire. It is Quiet understanding. Mutual confidence. Sharing and Figuring. It is Loyalty through good and bad times.

Lovetta 

L-L-L-LL--L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L--L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L--L-LL--L-L-L-L-L-L-L-LL--LL-L-

The rain fell pouring down fast quiet but visible thunder lightening in the sky. People held black umbrellas over people but that didn't help me. It didn't help me to not cry, not feel cold, not feel empty. No 6yr old should watch as a Pastor preaches about death instead of life. Watch as people each go up to a coffin holding your first bestfriend. My daddy used to tell me, Preachers belongs anywhere. So they can share there knowledge of the powerful man above who created us. Who placed me in this family. So why did he take my mom? Why is he allowing me to watch such heartbreaking scene. I say, Preachers belongs in Church. I belong at home playing with my mom.

The rain covered my tears, damping the edge of my two ponytails. I sniffed and wiped the wetness from my cheeks. When I watched as my mommy went deeper and deeper into the ground my tears didn't stop. I was too young to understand to most people but I knew what was happening. My mommy is in a safe place being happy while she never took me with her.

Small arms circled around me and from his strawberry scent I knew who it was. I turned to look at him in his pair of funny color eyes as he stared into mines. He smiled at me and pressed our foreheads together whispering words in my ears, "I'll be your mommy. Because I promise never to leave you and always take you with me."

His words. Those words. Words that came from him made me realize, no matter what, This short, skinny little boy would forever be my bestfriend.

His name is Neville Stanford. We been side by side since babies in diapers. Neighbors for centuries and bonus our parents are closest of friends as well! He was weird. Liked to talk about worms and how he would put them in my bed when I am sleeping. I used to keep the light on and watch him as he drools on his pillow on my floor. When I turned 7 years old, a year after my mom's passing, I used to cry when he didn't get a cake and celebrate.

"Oh Love, Neville already celebrated his birthday. He turned 9 last month sweetie." His mother, Natalie told me. I shook my head, bottom lip quivering. 

"He promised he would celebrate with me!" I  turned to Ne Ne. "You promised remember!" He sighed and smiled at me ruffling up my ear length curly brown hair.  I smiled my toothless smile and that day we shared our cake blowing out the candles together. I loved him and he loved me. We were inseparable and I couldn't be more happier when he was in my vision. 

We told secrets and ran through the muddy rain. We watched the snow fall high enough just so we can be buried beneath it. His mother treated me like a daughter and our father's were besties. Or as they said, 'Man bros'.

It was our first day of school. Well my first day of 1st grade. I was excited because  I was going to the same school as Ne Ne! Even if he is in a higher grade. 3rd grade is to hard. Bleh!

My dad helped me dress in a outfit I choose! Yellow legging with black polka dots! My, 'I'm a Princess' Pink Shirt and my red toto. I tied on my shoes and let my dad put my hair in pigtails. 

I grabbed my Lady Bug Book bag and ran outside straight to Ne Ne house. He came out and smiled at me. 

"Hi Love."

"Ne Ne!" I stood on my Toes and he sighed and bent down to give me a kiss. 

"We're getting to old for that Love." He said cheeks red. I frowned. "B-but we been doing it since babies."