(28)

I can't even type a text without crying.

7 years later: Lovetta : 26 Neville: 28

Lovetta + Neville.

-L-N-L-N-L-N-L-N-L-N-L-N-L-N-L-N-L-N-L-N-L-N-L-N-L-N-L-N-L-N-L-N-L-N-L-N-L-N-L-N-L-N-L-N-L-N-L

Lovetta took a deep breath, before knocking on the front door. Her brown eyes flickered over to the house next to her childhood one. Her Red cherry lips turned into a frown, and her Brown waves, blowing gently with the sweet California wind over her shoulders. 

She hasn't been here since she turned 20 years old. So 6 years ago. She's been in contact with her father and attended his wedding, but left early, trying her hardest not to have any sort of contact with the Stanfords. Now married for 7 years, Her father finally invited her to a small get together. 

She was going to decline, but didn't want to be rude. So she decided to stay for at least 2 days, before going back to L.A. Where she was currently living, trying her hardest to publish her first book.

The door flew open and a forced smile made its way on Lovetta's face. 

Loretta eyes widen and a genuine smile broke out as she grabbed Lovetta into a bone crushing hug.

"Oh you came!" She cried. "I wasn't expecting you to come. Your father has been over the hills excited. Come in Please."

Lorretta smiled brightly, almost giving Lovetta a reason to smile. The happiness radiating off her was super contagious, but Lovetta hasn't smiled a genuine smile for a while. Not unless it's because of Mickey.

After graduating college, Mickey got a job in L.A. Being the kind of girl to run away from situations, Lovetta didn't hesitate and followed him. Now living with Mickey, Her life has been calm and smooth. And she didn't like waking up every morning knowing what's to come.

"Everyone is here. Please."

Lovetta stiffened. Everyone? She thought. Gulping, she hesitantly made her way to the loud chatter of voices.

Everyone...Meaning The Stanfords?

"Guess who came!" Lorretta called out. The voices died down and squeals were heard.

Lovetta face was horrified as 3 girls came running to her giving her the same bone crushing hug there mother gave her.

"Oh my god look at you! Your so beautiful." Nicolette cried out.

"You cut your hair! Where's the blue you used to have!" Marie-Letta Commented.

"Guys shoo. Your suffocating her." Snow-Letta stated.

"Love bug." That deep voice made her ears perk up. Her eyes flickered to her fathers and she gave a small smile.

She hugged him, inhaling his sweet scent before laughing a small laugh at the sight of him.

Wrinkles were by his eyes, showing his age but how much he smiled. Grey were showing in the roots of his hair and he was growing a beard. The hair tickled her cheek, feeling the roughness.

"Hi dad." She whispered in his ears. He kissed his daughter's forehead, lingering for 3 seconds too long. 

Can't blame a dad for missing his baby girl.

"See. I told you she would of come." 

Lovetta stiffened at the sight of the Stanfords. Natalie stood up smiling a soft smile, her eyes holding so much sadness.

She sniffed and Lovetta felt a pang of guilt.

"Oh, Look how much you've grown. Where have you been?" Natalie, the woman who took Care of Lovetta since small, and the mother of her once former bestfriend, stood there crying, a sobbing mess. 

Lovetta didn't know what to do. So she just hugged The small woman, her 5'5 height towering over her.

"Don't cry Natalie." She whispered, looking too seek her father's help.

"Ok enough of this emotional state." Her father boasted. Lovetta was grateful. But the gratefulness sooned turned into shock.

There he was standing there with a blank look on his face but his eyes holding so much emotions.

He no longer had blue tips, but his Brown hair in a neat yet messy style. His arms folded across his chest, The jaw covered in a neat stubble of hair. He looked older, more blessed with the handsome looks of his father.

He gave Lovetta a small smile and she quickly turned away.

She knew she was acting childish. It's been 7 years since her and Neville had that moment in the stair well... Something she would never forget.

*

She stood outside, breathing in the warmth of the sun. L.A. Was hot like this but she missed California.

                                                                               Neville   |    Lovetta.

                                                               I saw her today    |    I saw him today.

                                    It seems like its been forever.   |     I wonder if he still cares.

                                     She looks better than before    |    I couldn't stop staring at him.

                                  I asked how things are going...    |    I asked about his new girlfriend.

                       I'd pick her over any girl I'm with.          |    He's Probably really happy now.

           I can't even look at her without crying.            |    He couldn't even look at me.

                                                    I told her I miss her.           |    He didn't mean it.

                                                                         I mean it.            |     He doesn't mean it.

                                                                        I love her.              |   He loves his new girlfriend.

                                        I held her for the first time.           He gave me a friendly hug.

                                       Then I went home and cried.         | Then I went home and cried.

                                                                               I lost her.          |   I love him.

I hugged my pillow so hard, soaking it with tears. Unable to sleep. 

I love him still. Seeing him brought back those feelings I thought I gotten over. I drowned myself into work or liquor... Even men, But seeing him today brought back those feelings. Those true feelings, I kept bottled up inside.

And once again, I wondered... Does he still feel the same?