The body in The Chair

It's late in the evening, the sun has set and the night children come out of there blacked out rooms to live in the dark.

Jace and Isobel reach the building, where a shadowhunter patrol squad spotted Heidi grabbing a mundane. They both stare at the quiet dark building scanning their eyes to see any indication that Simon was here.

Izzy took a breath "for an abandoned building, it seems more abandoned" Izzy hesitated. Jace looked at Izzy "I'd say we start from the bottom and woke our way up, if Heidi is in there and she got Simon... best we stick together and don't split up" Izzy nodded in agreement she didn't want to be alone.

Jace got his blade out and opened the front door, the building responded by creaking as the shadowhunters entered. They both walk in silently as a result of them activating their soundless rune, this could make them be in heard. But they couldn't masked their angelic scent especially Jaces pure angle blood.

It was a dark room in which they entered "looked like it was a hospital" Izzy whispered to Jace. Jace walked slightly ahead of his sister, they headed to a corridor papers were scattered everywhere like a hurricane blown them around. There were slights in the hallway but they were flickering, almost in perfect time with Izzy heart beating.

Jace spotted a lot of blood on the white floor, he immediately grew worried was this Simon's blood or the mundanes. Izzy spotted it to, she shared the same exact feeling Jace felt. She took a deep breath and pushed through following the red blood path. Jace filleted after her, not leaving her side.

The trail was leading them to a small dark room. The shadowhunters both staring at the door were ready, Izzy rolled her wrist activating her iconic bracelet turning it into a sword. They both nodded and Jace opened the door. They rushed in weapons ready in hand, but there was no one there. Well no one alive at least.

The corpse of the mundane was sitting on the chair, were Simon was shackled in for over a month. Izzy walked towards the body lifting the lifeless head up, exposing the broken neck and the multiple bite marks on the white neck. Izzy shocked seeing this she closed the sad eyes of the mundane and stood up.

Jace speaks what Izzy is afraid to admit "Heidi did keep Simon for a month... she probably starved him and he might have fe..." Izzy turns to face Jace her eyes lost and angered by jaces words "Simon didn't do this, he's not a murder Heidi is... and when I find her I'm going to kill her" Izzy walks out the room carrying her strong words on her shoulders.

Jace tilts his head down hoping he was for once wrong, that Simon didn't kill the mundane. As he goes to walk off he examines the mundanes body one last time, and saw the bite mark. The way the teeth and fangs are marked on the neck, were identical to Jaces mark on his arm from were he made Simon feed on him. The bite Simon have Jace was aggressive and strong, so it takes longer to heal.

Jace now knowing Simon has killed an  innocent mundane, he felt a lot of different things. He felt sorry for the victim, Anger towards Heidi for turning his friend into a murderer and a strong sense of worry for what it means now. He's killed someone, an innocent life he's taken. Taking a life can darken your heart.

Simon is a vampire, he has demon blood. So the urge to kill and feed is always there. Then a phrase of words came to Jaces mind "Though they resists their urges, downworlders will always give in to their dark natures... Always" Jace remembered those words coming out of valentines mouth. Jace Hated that he was still remembering his toxic words of truth, but before Jace could think of another one Izzy wales back in the room "I heard something coming from the second corridor, let's go" Izzy whispers. Jace follows Izzy.