Legend of The Daylighter

It was a busy service today at Church, Raphael finally became a priest. Raphael was grateful he was a mundane again, he could step on holy ground and worship.

The heavenly sunset sunlight shinned through the coloured glass windows of the church, creating coloured rays of light on the holy ground. Raphael was collecting all the bibles and putting them out, ready for tomorrow's mornings service.

There was still a couple of mundanes in the church getting ready to leave, before doing so they thanked Raphael and collective their things to leave. However as the last person walked out there someone grabbed them, Raphael spotted this and stood frozen. He wasn't a vampire anymore so he had to be more careful, he still knew about the shadow world and it's dangerous.

Raphael stood still slowly making his way to the great wooden doors of the church, he grabbed his bible just in case. As he took a couple of steps towards the door, a body immediately drops by the door pushing it even more open. Raphael jumps out of his skin, he could see the victims last facials expression still present of her face. It was fear, pure fear.

Next that followed was the innocent blood spilling from the young victims neck. At this point Raphael knew what this was, he was 100% sure. A vampire. Raphael took his pendant and held it out, he waited for the vampire to show itself.

He didn't have to wait long, as he was greeted by an familiar face "Simon" he voice was filled was shock with fear. The vampire lifted his head up, blood dripping from his mouth as he licked his lips "Raphael amigo"! He mock like a mockingjay. The priest was struck with so many questions "What the heaven happened to you" he muttered.

Simon presses took another step forward, he was in the opening of the doors leaning against them, like it was nothing but a brick wall "well it's a long story, but I have someone who might be able to give you an idea" Simon smiled at the startled priest. Raphael could hear high heels walking round the corner, then he saw her blonde curly hair "Heidi"!

Heidi smiled and stood strong next to her sire "Simon what are you doing with HER"! Raphael was even more concerned now "I set him free" she said as she stroke Simon's face to lick the blood. Seeing the blood made Raphael feel sick, he could feel his very stomach twist inside him.

"What do you want" the priest blurted out "well remember the whole Daylighter legend you told me about"? Raphael nodded "Well your gonna tell us about it" Simon and Heidi both looked at Raphael. Raphael finally stood stronge knowing that they couldn't step on holy ground "and what if I don't, what if I shut these doors right now" he answered back.

Simon Leaned forward "have you noticed Heidi is in the sunlight"? Raphael finally took notice then remembered how Simon wouldn't tell him how he became a daylighter "how"? He questioned "by drinking Jaces pure angle blood, so she's a daylighter now, so if you don't tell us everything then we will wait here until the mundanes come back tomorrow for morning service and instead of going to church they'll be going to a morgue" Simon announced to Raphael. He had a gleeful wicked happiness to his threatening words.

Raphael now having me choice agreed "ok I'll tell you everything I know" the priest caved in. " Daylighters carry the power of the world's sun in your veins. Sunlight and eternal life" Simon nodded to continued "expose themselves under the sun without burning" Simon interrupted "yes that's clearly obvious, now start talking or I'll rip all the heads off the mundanes before 7 o'clock service"

Raphael continued "bring the dead back to life with their own blood" both Simon and Heidi eyes lit up whilst receiving this news. "And heal grave wounds by pouring their own blood over the wound" Simon looked at him "is that everything"? Raphael lie "yes" Simon knew he was Lying.

As reaction he looked at Heidi who spotted a mundane and sped over and grabbed him and sped back. She had the mundane in her hands, the mundane was panicking "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!, LET ME GO"! Heidi fangs released as she inches closer to his bare neck "ALRIGHT ILL TELL YOU, LET HIM GO" Simon looked at Heidi, Heidi released him and enchanto him to forget. Simon watched the mundane walk away "you better tell us EVERYTHING, or I will hurt your niece" Raphael eyes creased "what are u talking about" Simon smirked, then in a mocking tone "you didn't know" "know what"? The mundane snapped Simon answered "your precious Rosa" he mocked her name "had a girl have her up for adoption" Simon let this sink into Raphael's head "and I know where she lives, works and etc...) 

"So what else" Heidi questioned Raphael took a deep breath "there is a legend that a great daylighter will come, and open the doors of hell to release" he took a breath "The Devil himself, so he can release his raft on the world and the nephilm children of the angels" Simon and Heidis eyes met as they got what they needed to hear "thank you Raphael" Simon smiled at him, Heidi cracked her signature wicked smile "this is our destiny" she spoke

Raphael feeling guilty for telling them about it, he knew this was dangerous. Simon and Heidi went to go "WAIT" Simon stopped "how could you do this to her" Simon knew who he was talking about "I don't care for her anymore, she 's nothing to me, and if you tell the shadowhunters anything I will kill every single one of them" Simon's words were spoken like a creed, like a unholy promise he was making with Raphael.

As Simon was about to leave he stopped "actually" Heidi and Raphael were shocked, as Simon turned to face Raphael who was on the steps of the church "your not going to have the chance to" he said mischievously. Raphael knew what was coming there was a silent beat, Raphael immediately tried to head back to the safe grounds of the church. He's heart was racing as he crawled towards the holy door, only to be dragged back by Simon. Raphael met his deadly gaze and terrifying smile, Simon looked up at Heidi who look proudly at him.