- S e v e n t y f o u r -

Next Day: July 19th, Friday. At 4:13PM

Maddie's POV:

Today. Today was the busiest day of my life hands down and I have no clue how I'n going to pull it off. I've been ignoring everyone and when I'm with Kenzie I have my AirPods in.

I've already finished my shoot for the day and Kenzie just dropped off some clothes for the fitting, I have to pack for San Diego too. That's why I'm even having a fitting, if it was my choice I wouldn't be fucking doing this.

I was sitting on my floor in the glam room, I was actually laying down on the carpet staring at the ceiling contemplating my whole life and career. My phone rang, it was Billie. But was I going to answer it? No.

I watched the call ring out and I sighed, she's tried to call me so much. Which means she knows something's up, I hate that she knows. But how the hell am I going to tell her? Oh hey your fans are calling me worthless and I'm fine with it. Yeah that sounds like the most ideal plan. 

There was a knock on my door, I wasn't expecting anyone. I got up off the floor and walked over to the door, I open it enough just to see that it's Billie. I start to close the door but she stopped the door.

Billie: "Maddie please." She said with tired eyes.

I don't say anything, I just open my door farther to let her come in. I walked to the kitchen with my head hung low, Billie sat on the island and I leaned against the fridge.

Billie: "Maddie."

I didn't say anything to her.

Billie" Shorty you gotta talk to me, you gotta tell me what's up." I know she knows, she's not going to get it out of me that easily.

Maddie: "It doesn't matter, there's nothing we can do about it." I took a drink of my water.

I saw Billie tense up.

Billie: "You're not worthless."

That caught my attention.

Maddie: "How... how did you know?"

Billie: "Doesn't matter."

I dug through the pocket of the hoodie to text Isaac, I know he told her. I know he did.

Billie got off the counter and somehow got my phone out of my hands, and she put it in her pocket. I tried to reach for it in her pocket, but she laced our fingers together instead.

Billie: "Neither of us are going anywhere until you talk to me."

I exhaled.

Maddie: "There's no point to hold me here, there's nothing you can do, there's nothing I can do. It's something that I have to live with."

Billie: "How do you feel?"

Maddie: "Overworked and worthless, what about you?"

Billie: "You're overworked, you're not worthless though. I would do anything to make sure that you're happy, if I thought you were worthless, then I wouldn't do that."

I smiled but it faded away quickly.

Maddie: "It doesn't bother me what people are saying, it's just that there's nothing that I can do about it."

Billie looked down at the ground knowing exactly what I meant.

Billie: "Don't get me wrong Maddie, I love you with everything in me and you know that. You'll never know how much I love you, but the only way that we can fix this is if we confirm it-"

Maddie: "I don't want to." I looked down at the ground.

Billie: "I don't either, let me finish. The reason people are like this is because it's just a rumor, are we together? Are we not? Is it just a little thing? Are they serious? So many people wanna know about us, and that's the thing. I want everyone to know that you're mine, but a relationship is supposed to be two people. Not the whole world." She was looking at me when I looked up.