- O n e h u n d r e d & s i x t y -

Maddie didn't say anything, she just gave me a genuine smile that screams I'm sorry.

I don't blame her, I'm sorry too. Like, I go all out on my shows to make sure that they have a good time and they get their moneys worth. But after the show, I am always in the worst amount of pain.

We finally got to the Statue of liberty, and I was focused on Maddie and how she was reacting. She was so happy and I'm happy I get to make her her happy.

Maddie: "It's bigger than I thought."

Billie: "Do you wanna go up?"

Maddie: "Take a picture first."

She handed me her phone, I see that her background is the same as when I left. I go to her camera, and take a decent amount of pictures.

She gave me a smile and I handed her phone back to her, she laced our hands together and she walked in. We started going to the top, as we got hight, I remember that she's scared of heights. Like to a certain extent though, if she would stand on top of a building like she did on Instagram, then it wouldn't be a problem. But it's a smaller surface I guess, so I squeezed her hand tighter.

We got to the top, and she hesitated before she walked over to see the city. I watched her as she relaxed, I walked behind her and wrap my arms around her waist and rested my head in the crook of her neck.

Billie: "There is no one else that I could ever see myself doing this with." I placed a soft kiss on her neck, she didn't respond she just placed her hands on top of mine and leaned against me. This girl, has got me wrapped around her finger and I'm not mad about it.

She wasn't saying anything, she was literally in the moment, enjoying every second of it. I am so happy to see her so happy about it, she always told me that her birthday's not a big deal to her and I had to change that. I've been planning this, since I left for tour. Because I couldn't let her just think she can turn eighteen and not do anything to celebrate.

I was letting her take her time, because I got all day and I'm here for her. So I'll let her do whatever she wants and I'll let her take the amount of time she wanted.

I was knocked back into reality when she turned to face me, she placed a soft kiss on my lips and thanked me.

Billie: "You're welcome shorty, but we're nowhere near done."

Maddie: "You've done enough." She whined.

Billie: "This isn't even the date." I smiled at her.

Maddie: "You spoil me."

Billie: "I know."

She rolled her eyes, knowing that there is no way she can get through to me. I laced our hands together and walked towards the door, as we were waiting to go down. She rested her head against my shoulder, and stroked my thumb.

Billie: "What are you thinking?"

Maddie: "How lucky I am to have you."

I smiled and kissed the top of her head.

Two or three hours later.

Maddie's POV:

Today has been such a good day, and Billie told me that there's so much more that we have to do. We went back to the hotel, because what she said is that, the main thing that we're doing isn't ready until four. It's 3:15 right now, and I'm ready to go whenever.

Billie and I were laying in the bed, our legs tangled together. We were looking her tour pictures and she told me the stories behind each picture.

I was so invested in what was happening, when there was a knock on my door I didn't even register what the sound was. But I quickly got up to go open it, and it was Dani.

Dani: "Hey bitch, just wanted to tell you bye before I flew back to L.A."

Maddie: "Bye Dani, I love you." I gave her a hug and she whispered in my ear.

Dani: "Have the best time on tour."

I hugged her tighter, "I will, thank you for coming last night."

Dani: "Don't mention, I couldn't do it without Billie."

With that Billie popped up behind us.

Billie: "Be safe Dani, text one of us when you land."

Dani: "I will, I love you both." She gave Billie a hug.

Billie: "We love you too." She looked at me, and I smiled.

We watched her walk out of the door, and I see Kenzie leave her room.

Kenzie: "Billie, it's ready whenever you are."

Maddie: "It's crazy how good of a team you two make."

Billie and Kenzie gave each other a smile, we walked back into the room, we grab our phones off the bed and I grab the key card off the dresser. I turn around to find Billie and she laced our hands together.

Billie: "Just so you know, like when we're half way there I'mma have to blindfold you."

Maddie: "Okay."

We get downstairs and there's a car waiting for us, I guess Kenzie got it for us since she's over 25 and can actually drive a rental. Billie opened the passenger door for me and then rushed over to the drivers side.

She put her hand on my thigh and started driving, I missed this feeling. Like the feeling of genuinely looking forward to something.

It was a comfortable silence for some of the ride, because with Billie and I, we don't constantly have to talk to enjoy the time. Especially now, since she won't be here for that much longer. But I'll see her soon, but she doesn't know that yet.

Maddie: "How many times have you been to New York?"

Billie: "More than I can count, it's not my favorite place, but I know my way around I guess."

Maddie: "What's your favorite place you've ever been to?"

Billie: "I love London, and I love Paris. Brazil's hella cool too."

Maddie: "Have you ever had a moment, that you sat and looked around and said damn I really made it?"

Billie: "Yes and no, like not to be cocky or anything, like I know I'm successful and that's the best feelings knowing that I have millions of people supporting me. But there hasn't been an overwhelming moment, like I've never really gotten starstruck by any of this. I think the closest I got to that moment, was music midtown in Atlanta awhile ago. Twenty thousand people all at my show, a majority of the festival was at my set screaming my lyrics, at that moment I didn't think I could get bigger. But here we are months later on a world tour to celebrate my album that I wrote in my bedroom."

Maddie: "Did you really write that song about me?" I ask, smiling at the memory of her singing it to me.

Billie: "Yes I did, but the story behind it, is not what you would think. Like don't get me wrong, I have always wanted to write you a song, but I wanted to put aside special time to do so. Finneas was like I should write a song about my journey or whatever, and then I started writing about my journey with you and that's how the song came together."

Maddie: "That's cute, I really appreciate you."

Billie: "I would do it any day." She gave me a smile.

----------------------

the ending of this book does not match what's currently happening, but you know the endings pure and so good for them. so i'm not gonna change it lmao.

thanks ily lots.

words: 1298.