- O n e h u n d r e d & s i x t y t w o -

Maddie: "What are your plans after tour?"

Billie: "Award shows, I wanna jump into fashion a bit more. There's no plan already figured out though."

Billie's POV:

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. I can really see the happiness on her face and I couldn't be happier about it since I'm causing her happiness.

Billie: "Show me pictures of your house."

Maddie: "You have my phone."

I pulled her phone out of my pocket and handed it to her. She got up and sat in between my legs, I wrapped my arms around her waist and I watched her unlock her phone. The last app she was on was her messages, she opened her photos and she started scrolling to find the pictures of her house.

Maddie: "Okay, so this is what the outside looks like. I'mma keep all the plants or whatever but I'm going to have a gardener take care of that because I do not know how to care for a plant." She laughed and I laughed with her.

Maddie: "Then this is the main wall color and trim color, you probably saw this on my Instagram."

Billie: "I like the color, I remember showing my mom what it looked like."

Maddie: "You showed your mom what my house looks like?"

Billie: "Of course, she said that she's happy and she can't wait to come over all the time."

Maddie: "Oh my god, she can since we live so close now."

I smiled.

Maddie: "This is the kitchen, I wanted it similar to the one at my apartment. Because I like working in there, and I wanted to keep the open concept because if I run into a wall late at night, it's gonna be game over." I tried to hold back a laugh, just imagine hearing her running into a wall.

Maddie: "There's five bedrooms, but I'm only gonna use two for the bedroom purposes. This is ours, and I'm going to have a California king bed. You know good for napping, and... anyways. Then this is the closet, and then your clothes that are now mine are gonna go up here and you can have this side." She gestured to the right side of the closet.

I'm glad that she see's me in her future, cause I see her in mine too.

Maddie: "Then this is the bathroom, you have a side and I have a side. I want the left side."

Billie: "Good, I'd want the right anyways." I laughed lightly.

She kept talking and showing me each room, I could see the passion on her face as she talked and I could see the happiness and lust in her eyes. This girl is perfect.

Maddie: "This would be my glam room, and then a couch would go there and a vanity would go here." She scrolled over to the next picture, "This room is a secret project." That's all she said and she moved on. "This is gonna be my YouTube room, like a filming room. Then this would be the guest room."

As she was talking, her phone dinged and a notification popped up, a text message from 'Nicole😋' The message was too long, so it didn't pop up all the way.

But what I saw, it said., 'Hey mamas, I wanted to tell you happy...' I assume its happy birthday. But her birthday isn't for three more days. Why would she tell her now?

I could tell that text message threw Maddie off and I didn't wanna make her think I'm mad about it, because I'm not. She would've told me if something was happening.

Billie: "You still talk to her?" I asked in the calmest way.

Maddie: "I haven't talked to her since we got back together, I swear. And I wasn't gonna talk to her since you told me that you ran into her and she was being a bitch."

Billie: "I believe you, you're okay. She calls you mamas?"

Maddie: "She never called me mamas when we were together, she never called me pet name or whatever. She'd call me Maddie or Mads. She wouldn't even call me babe or baby, like that's simple. That doesn't require any thought whatsoever but she didn't even wanna do that. But anyways, I like that you call shorty, it makes me feel special."

Billie: "And I like that you call me babygirl, it makes me feel special. It really makes me feel special that you got a tattoo." I traced behind her ear, feeling the tattoo.

Maddie: "I love you, thank you for this."

Billie: "You know I would do it any day."

...

We've been here for hours, I'm not complaining either. The suns still providing enough light for what I'm about to give her.

Billie: "Don't forget, this isn't your gift."

Maddie: "This is just a date." She said in a mocking tone.

I reached over to the picnic basket, and I got a small ring box out of the basket. I held in front of her as my arms were wrapped around her waist, she gasped and leaned into me.

Billie: "I'm not proposing shorty, at least not yet." I smiled at the thought of marrying her. "This is a promise ring, and you don't have to wear it. You can put it on the necklace, but I was talking to Finneas while I was in San Fran. I told him how stressed I was about you, I was stressed that you weren't gonna think I felt the same way I did as when I left. At this time, I didn't know that I was gonna come out here. But I wanted to get you something to show you that I'm committed or whatever, you already know that I'm committed and you literally have me wrapped around your finger like a ring. But enough with the back story, this ring means that I love you, I want you to be able to look at it and remember that I love you. But the promise that's attached to it, is I promise I'm never gonna leave you when you need me most, I'm not going leave you wondering when you need an explanation. Most importantly, I promise, that I will listen to you no matter what and no matter how long it takes. Even though you already knew all of this, I just... yeah, I hope you get the point." I said giddily.

Maddie didn't respond right away, she was looking at the ring.

Maddie: "I love it, I genuinely love it."

I took the ring out of the box and I placed it around her left ring finger. Her hands were shaking as I placed it around her finger.

Billie: "Aw, shorty why are you shaking?" I held her hands in my hands.

Maddie: "Because I have never felt this loved before." She turned around to face me, she placed a soft kiss on my lips. She couldn't keep the kiss going due to how much she was smiling.

Maddie: "I love you, babygirl."

Billie: "I love you too, shorty."

----------------------

the softest chapter.

been waiting to post this chapter for a week now lmao.

thanks ily

words: 1191.