Chapter Thirty-Six

Hoseok was shaking, scared to the very core of his body. He decided to meet his mate. His true mate. He didn't want to, but he couldn't let his mate suffer because of his own stupid fear. He felt dumb and stupid for being so scared. He knew, that if he spend enough time with his mate, he would eventually get over the fear soon and love his mate like most of them do. It sounds so stupid, getting over the fear so soon. Every sane person knows it takes a lot of time, but he knew that the mate-bond would make him forget it soon enough. Hoseok made his way to the open space, swarmed with a lot of wolves from different ranks. All the people gave him anxiety, but he didn't want to spend time with his mate with just the two of them, yet. He smelled him before the two made eye contact. There he was, Youngjae, his mate. Hoseok made a couple shaky steps to his mate, his whole body shaking in fear. Youngjae looked at him, concerned. It was when Youngjae reached out to him that his vision turned black and his body hit the ground with a thud.

A groan left his mouth. His vision, once black, turned a blinding white. His body felt as if it was stabbed with knives and his head pounded like he had just hit a brick wall. ''You're awake!'' A voice cried out, making the male flinch and groan again. ''Easy babe, it feels like my head is going to explode.'' A soft 'sorry' was heard from the other, followed by sobbing. ''Why are you crying?''
''I was just so scared.'' The male wrapped himself around his mate. ''It looked like you were dead.'' He hummed when the other softly petted his hair. ''It took them so long. I'm so happy you're alive.'' The other chuckled, holding his mate close, letting him cry on his chest, careful not to touch his wound.
''I'm not going anywhere Jinnie, I can't leave you behind. You're my everything and there is so much I still want to do with you.'' A soft chuckle left Jin as he looked up at his mate with teary eyes. ''How's Hoseok doing?'' Namjoon asked, his face showing that he was worried for his gamma. Jin shook his head softly.
''He's badly traumatised, but he met his real mate. So if they spent a lot of time together, he might be somewhat the old one.'' A shaky knock was heard on the door of the hospital room door. The two alpha's looked at eachother, before the younger of the two spoke up and told them to enter the room. The male entered the room and tears were visible rolling down his cheeks. ''Youngjae!'' Jin immediatly ran to the male and took him in his arms, making Namjoon growl lowly. ''Oh hush, you big baby. He has a mate.'' He helped the crying male to the seat next to the bed. Still holding Youngjae in his arms, he asked him what was going on, resulting in him crying harder. ''H-hoseok.'' He managed to choke out. Both alpha's became alert by hearing their friend's name. ''H-he p-passed out,'' the male took a few deep breaths, ''p-poison in his veins.'' Youngjae just kept crying, he knew it looked silly, crying over someone you barely knew, but it was his mate nonetheless. He was terrified of losing his mate. Hoseok was his second chance mate, his first mate had died before they even met. He had felt it, a piece of his soul dying with his mate. He was sad, but he couldn't feel the extreme sadness most wolves felt since they couldn't strengthen the bond. Yes, he felt the pain of losing his other half, but he finally found his second mate who filled up the gaping hole in his soul and he was absolutely terrified of losing another mate. ''Youngjae? Are you listening?'' A soft voice said, making the said male shake his head. ''I said that I was going to see the doctor who's treating Hoseok and you can go with me, maybe they will let you stay. I will also fetch you some of Hoseok's clothes, so you can be surrounded by his scent.'' Youngjae nodded softly and whispered a soft 'thank you, alpha'.
''And what about me?'' Namjoon said,  clearly annoyed that he was excluded. 
''You're on bedrest. You got shot with a hunter bullet. You're staying in that god damn bed till the doctor says you're allowed to leave.'' Namjoon rolled his eyes at his mate's statement.
''I'm feeling fine, I can go with you.'' Jin raised an eyebrow and the proceeded to open the door and slam it shut. Namjoon groaned at his headache worsening. ''Fine, you win.'' The male slumped into the covers of the bed. 
''Let's go.'' Jin said to Youngjae. The two said males made their way to the doctor who took Hoseok from Youngjae when he rushed into the hospital. ''Ah young man, alpha, what can I do for you?'' The man said, softly smiling at the two.
''Where is the gamma?'' Jin said impatiently. The man nodded at the alpha and motioned them to follow him.
''We're trying to neutralize the poison in his blood, but he has a lot of wolvesbane in his body. The chance of survival is slim. Even if he does survive, some body functions will have shut off.'' The doctor sighed as he opened the door. ''We won't be able to determine the damage until he wakes up. If he wakes up at all.'' The doctor left silently, giving the two males space to be with their friend or mate. He looked a sickly kind of pale. It was as if he was already dead. Multiple machines hooked up to the male on the bed, trying to keep him alive. Youngjae sobbed at the sight. ''Please don't die.'' He whispered as he held his mate's hand as he sat beside the bed. ''I need you, please fight for me.'' Jin looked at the male with a sad smile, tears forming in his eyes at the sight. It hurt him to see his friend so close death. Jin softly ruffled Youngjae's hair and told him that he would be right back, just quickly grabbing some of Hoseok's clothes to give him some comfort. The said male just softly nodded, not being able to respond. Both males were scared of what would fate bring Hoseok. But one thing what everyone thought at that moment: 'please don't die'.