Chapter Thirty-Eight

Warning! This chapter may contain mentions of sex, etc.

Weeks passed, but everything stayed the same. Well, almost everything. Youngjae became closer with his alpha, beta and their mates, even with the scary rogue, who turned out to be actually really nice. He still visited his mate everyday, he was just so scared to lose him without him having had the chance to actually get to know him. Everyone was slowly losing hope of Hoseok ever waking up again. The doctor said that the poison had neutralized and that it was now up to Hoseok to see if he ever woke up again. Everyone was scared, no not scared, terrified. They all cared for him, for some he was just their gamma, for others he was their best friend and for one person it was their mate. Things changed in the pack, slowly, but they did. Everyone who hurts an omega, would be punished according to the damage and pain they caused. There are projects starting on working together. Slowly, the pack is becoming more a whole, a harmony. Namjoon is still known for his ruthless ways, but Jin is there to calm him down. It was going fairly well, the only thing missing now, was their gamma. The new group of friends was sitting together when suddenly the door swung open. A doctor stood in the middle of the room, all people facing his way. ''G-gamma,'' he said out of breath, ''awake.'' The whole group flung themselves out of the chairs and started running to the hospital. The first to enter the room was Namjoon, followed by his mate and Youngjae, the rest had to wait outside. Hoseok looked around the room confused, not completely realising the situation. He looked dazed at his alpha, questioning silently what happened. Namjoon softly began to explain to him how his system was still full of poison and it nearly killed him. Hoseok nodded his head and looked at his mate Youngjae, who stood crying next to the bed. A small smile crept onto his face as he held his hand, making the poor boy cry even harder. ''I heard you talking,'' He croaked with a smile, ''you pulled me back when I wanted to give up.'' He didn't know what happened, but he wasn't afraid anymore. He was willing to take the chance with his mate, make him happy. With the little strength he had, he pulled his mate into his arms. The boy wrapped his arms tightly around his mate, so happy that he was back, but so scared to lose him again. ''We'll leave you two alone for a while.'' Jin said as he pulled his mate back out the door with him. As soon as the two left, the four who were left behind, jumped up curious how their gamma is doing. ''He seems alright, the doctor said he will make a full recovery.'' Namjoon said, everyone let out of breath of relief, happy to hear that their friend is going to be okay. ''Now, let's go back to the packhouse and let him and Youngjae bond for a while. '' The four smiled and nodded, following their alphas back to the packhouse.

A week passed since Hoseok woke up, the gamma was finally being released from the hospital. His mate clinging to his side, afraid that he will disappear again. Hoseok smiled at his mate and kissed his cheek. ''Now, let's greet the rest and then let's go for a run.'' Youngjae smiled at that. He now realised that he had been neglecting his wolf, as he hasn't shifted for at least a two whole weeks. He started to get restless, feeling the itch to run, to feel the wind in his fur and be one with nature. The two arrived at the packhouse and immediatly were surrounded by their friends. Getting pulled into a groupshug. There was a table full of food that got Hoseok's attention. ''This is for me?'' He asked with big eyes.
''No, for all of us.'' Namjoon answered. A big smile appeared on his face and they all dug in. Hoseok nearly moaned at the taste, this was so much better than the hospital food. The group of friends talked and laughed, trying to forget this bad memories that will haunt them for a long time. Memories that will not easy be forgotten, memories that will hopefully stay in the past. As the group finished the food and Hoseok decided it was time for his long awaited run. It had been two months since he became unconsious, two months since he last shifted. His wolf was extremely restless. ''Let's go!'' He yelled excitedly at his mate and the two decided to run out of the pack house, both of them jumped into the air and shifted mid-way into their wolves. Relieved to finally be able to run. They ran deep into the forest, almost to the edge of the territory. Playfully chasing after eachother like two overgrown puppies, just enjoying the freedom of running and being together. It felt free, safe and overal relaxing. No need to worry about anything, just enjoying the nature. The two wolves decided to take a small break at a little lake in the middle of the forest, playfully nudging eachother until close to the edge and Youngjae nudged Hoseok a bit harder so he fell into the lake. The wolf made a sound of surprise, but quickly recovered and got out of the lake, shaking his fur dry and jumped onto his mate. The two rolling over the grass, nipping at eachother necks. The playful feeling, soon turned into something more darker, more like lust. The mates shifted and engaged in a long passion filled kiss. Both of them groaning and slowly marking the other. The males, both touched eachother in the most sinful way, savoring the feeling of the other's body, not caring if someone could see them engage in such way. It was loving, yet feral, not clear where the man began and the wolf ended. It was beautiful, yet so filthy. The two wanted nothing more than eachother, claiming the other to be theirs, not ever letting go of them again.